One of the toughest things to learn as a newbie self-publisher is how to write a Kindle ebook and make money. In this post, I will help you understand the process and what steps you need to take along the way. I will not put you in a chase and will directly start with the important part, “The Complete Guide”.
Write an ebook that people would buy:
When you write a book, you know it’s essential to write on topics people want to read.
There are many ways to achieve this. For example, if you’re writing a book about how to get rich quick, then it doesn’t matter if your target audience consists of people who are already rich and don’t need your advice. They just want to get rich quick, so they’ll find someone who can tell them how.
But if you’re writing a book that sells more than $50 million in sales every year (like The 4-Hour Workweek or The Lean Startup), then it’s not enough for your target market to just be interested in getting rich fast; they need other reasons as well. They might be interested in finding out how they can work less hard and make more money or maybe they just want to learn something new and interesting.
The trick is knowing who your target market is so that when you write about them, it’s valuable information for them, even if they don’t buy your book. If you are writing about writing ebook how to get knowledge to be rich quickly without having any special skills, contacts, or knowledge, then it probably won’t sell as you expect it to.
Quality Should be Your Highest Priority:
Writing an ebook is not a task to be taken lightly. In fact, it is a very important step towards your success. So, before you begin writing, make sure you have all the necessary materials ready. Here are some tips:
- Get started by writing down a topic that you would like to write about. This will help you narrow down your ideas and topics so that you can focus on just one topic at a time.
- Decide on what type of book you want to write and whether it will be fiction or non-fiction. If it is fiction, then do some research on what other books exist in this genre and see how they are structured and written.
- Make sure that the book follows an interesting storyline, great characters, and a plot structure. Also, make sure that there are no grammatical errors or spelling mistakes in the text as these can really affect its quality as well as its credibility with readers.
- Once you’ve decided on a topic for your book, start writing! You don’t have to write it all at once. In fact, it’s better if you don’t try and write one big book all at once. Instead, break down your project into smaller chunks and work on each chunk as it finishes. This means that when you finally do finish your book, it will be done in good time and ready for publishing!
5) You may have written your book and set up your e-book publishing company, but if you want to make sure that your work is of the highest quality, consider hiring a professional editor. An editor can look at the manuscript and make suggestions on how to improve it. If you’re not confident in your writing skills, it’s best to hire an editor who specializes in editing fiction or nonfiction books. They can help you find out what works and what doesn’t, so you know whether it’s time for another revision or some rewrites.
Dedicate time to Writing and Promoting:
After you have written your book, now is the time to promote it! While some people feel that once your book is done, you can just let things take their natural course and hope people will find it, this isn’t the case.
Running after someone to buy your book won’t work unless you are the next best seller, and even then it rarely works.
You need to actively market yourself and your product in order to draw in new readers. This includes blogging, social media posting, direct advertising, sending emails- anything that gets noticed by potential buyers.
The more ways you mix up, the better. Don’t get stuck in one area because it paid off before, but don’t put in much effort either – we learned that from previous lessons! Keep moving and keep experimenting.
Your success will come down to two main factors: how well you promote and how invested you are in promoting your book. If you lose interest, your promotion efforts will too.
So be sure to maintain an eye on your progress and stay motivated
Package Your Content Well:
Your book should be packaged well. The cover design should be eye catchy, and the title should be in bold. If you want more exposure, you can also try writing a blog post about your book. This will help people buy it by giving them a reason to buy your book and solving a problem they might have.
1) Solve a Problem for Your Readers
You might have a very catchy story to sell, but consider what makes it unique. Does it solve any problems for your readers? After research, the results suggest that any idea that is a solution to a problem makes the readers more interested in reading. Solve a problem for your readers, and they will buy your book because they will feel they solved their own problems too by reading it.
2) Invest In Your Art
The best way to get exposure for your book is by investing in artwork such as illustrations and videos. But don’t forget that quality comes first before quantity! Some authors spend more time editing their books than writing them because they want perfection from the beginning seeing as how people will read their books anyway. If you fail at one step in the writing or publishing process, chances are high that people won’t buy your book at all.
3) Focus on Expert Formatting
May you be doing it yourself or depending on any platform you’re using, there will be some differences in the formatting you use. If you are computer-savvy and don’t mind following a step-by-step instruction manual regarding formatting, you could save money and do it yourself. But if you’re not savvy with Microsoft Word and don’t want to get a bad review on your book, it’s better to hire someone to help you with professional formatting. So you have two choices: get a professionally formatted book or submit the wrong formatted book and deal with that fiasco.
Publish your ebook on the Best platform:
It is important for you to choose the right platform that will help you make more money through your book. There are many platforms available on the internet and it’s very difficult to choose the best one.
Here are some tips on how to find a good platform:
- Check out the pricing plans of different platforms
- Look at their features, such as how many books can be published, where they publish them, etc.
- Find out if they have any affiliate programs or not. If yes, then this is a plus point for them.
- Look at their customer reviews and testimonials on various sites like Amazon, Goodreads, etc., which will give you a better idea about the quality of their services and support.
Moreover, here I share with you some of the best platforms to publish your ebook:
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP)
Self-publishing through Amazon’s KDP is the most popular way to get your book published. As a self-published author, you’re responsible for all the costs associated with producing and distributing your book. Amazon handles all of the sales and promotion of your book, so you can focus on writing, editing and publishing.
- Google Play Books
Google Play allows you to publish books that are available across all Android devices running 4.1 or higher. You can also sell ebooks in Google Play without any fees or commissions. The only downside is that you have to pay extra for international shipping and translation services.
You can also publish on iBooks which means that your ebook will be available for the audience owning an iPhone, iPad or Mac through the Apple iBookstore. This system is more complicated than some of the other popular platforms.
Outside the three above-mentioned platforms dominating the market are some smaller companies and distributors that might be a great fit for your ebook. Smashwords, for example, distributes books to both of them (iBooks and Nook).
Scribed is also a growing e-publishing platform; that allows authors to upload in a variety of formats, so that might save you time and money. Do your research: How to write an ebook and make money depends partially on choosing the right combination of publishing platforms.
Market your ebook:
Now that you have completed your book, it’s time to market it. This is where many authors fall short. They think the hard part is writing their book, when the hard part is actually marketing ebook. You can’t just write a book and expect it to sell itself!
To make sure you are able to sell your book, here are some tips:
1) Create a blog to promote your ebook. Write about topics related to your book and share them on social media. If you’re looking for more information on this topic, check out my blog post.
2) Create a social media presence so people can find out more about you and your work. It’s important that they like what they see or else they won’t want to follow you or buy from you as an author. Use platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in order to connect with other authors who will help promote your work as well as get exposure for yourself.
3) Do a podcast where you can share information about what you are writing and why people should buy it. This will help them find out more about what makes your book unique, which will only help with sales later on down the road when people start asking questions about who wrote this book and how could they find out more about it.
4) Offer a free ebook on Amazon and other retailers if they help you promote it. This is a great way to get your name out there, but it’s also a good way to get some free work done as well. If you have a book or product that you want to promote, you can use the same strategy. Instead of giving away the ebook for free, make it exclusive to those who help you promote it.
My most important advice to you will be to keep on writing. It would be remiss if I will not mention the importance of continuing with your craft in this guide on how to write an ebook and make money.
Once you are done with your first ebook, that’s great. But try and write one book monthly or quarterly, or yearly, whatever suits you.
The best way to make money selling ebooks is to keep adding new material to the market.
The strategy not only boosts the sales of your new books but will also inspire new readers to go back and buy your older books. Working this way to sell ebooks doesn’t have to become your full-time job, but it can!
While the chances of your work taking off, and your book becoming the next bestseller or a movie, it’s more likely that you will need to continue to put work into writing and marketing even after you publish and sell your ebook.
Once you master the art of how to write an ebook and make money, the rewards will be great.