Many users were having queries to extract data from the EDB file to the PST file format of Outlook due to various reasons. Users were facing challenges and some risks for the conversion. So, in this blog, we will describe the best possible methods to convert EDB to PST file format of Outlook.
EDB is an Exchange Database Format supported by Microsoft Exchange to save the entire mailbox database. On the other hand, Microsoft Outlook supports PST (Personal Storage Table) format to save the database. Users sometimes prefer MS Outlook over Exchange as Outlook offers some user-friendly features that attract them. There are several other reasons as well which we will discuss further in this blog. We will provide the manual and free best EDB to PST Converter software to better understand users for conversion.
Now let’s proceed further to the reasons to extract PST from EDB files.
There are several reasons due to which users need to export EDB to PST file format. Go through the needs provided below for migration.
- Portability Needs.
- To reduce the mailbox size.
- Backup requirements.
- To save storage space.
- For Legal and compliance requirements.
- For reducing the chances of corruption.
- For keeping the previous record.
These are some reasons for which users want to convert EDB to PST file format. Now we will move ahead to different methods for Exchange EDB to PST Conversion.
Users can use the conventional manual techniques to convert EDB to PST file format. However, with the manual approach of conversion, there comes several limitations as well. So it is suggested to create a copy of the EDB file before starting the process. Once the user has created the backup of the EDB files then, follow the steps provided below.
- Launch Exchange Merge Tool
- Click on the two-step procedure.
- Choose to extract data from the Exchange server.
- Enter the name and domain name credentials.
- Go to the import procedure section.
- Choose active data to target store option.
- Now choose the EDB files you want to export.
- Define the path to store the PST file.
- Click on the Next button to start exporting.
- More time-consuming and complex process.
- Exports up to 2GB data size.
- High risk of data loss.
- Good technical knowledge is required.
- Supports earlier versions of MS Exchange only.
- Unable to convert corrupt EDB data.
These are few limitations of using the manual strategies for conversion. Users can opt for the best EDB to PST Converter software available in the market to avoid all these risks.
Professional software provides a more quick and safe solution to convert EDB to PST file format of Outlook. As we have seen above in this blog that several limitations are using the conventional manual technique. So it is suggested to use an automated solution that overcomes all the risks and provides a hassle-free and accurate migration. Users can opt for the advanced DRS Free EDB to PST Converter Tool which offers a smooth user-friendly interface. Users can easily export EDB to PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, HTML, PDF, MBOX, Office 365, etc. The software is completely free for a complete month for all its users. So there are no file size restrictions for users.
- Export EDB to PST, EML, PDF, HTML, MBOX, MSG, Office 365, etc.
- The Exchange EDB recovery tool helps to restore the corrupt EDB data.
- Provides auto-detect feature.
- No technical knowledge is required.
- Offers smooth user-friendly GUI.
- No file size restrictions.
- Offers three modes i.e, Standard, Advanced, and Deep mode for recovery.
- Supports all Microsoft Exchange and Windows OS versions.
- The utility is available by DRS for FREE for an initial 1 month.
Above in this blog, we have discussed the best possible methods to extract data from EDB files to PST. There are several limitations that we have seen using conventional manual techniques. So it is highly suggested to the users to opt for the advanced and best EDB to PST Converter software that offers a quick and effortless conversion.