Here’s a quick guide to root Xperia M C1905/1904 running on 4.3 Jellybean with Towel Root app with locked bootloader. The credit goes to xda member ananthtcr for making a working method that ensures full root. Towel Root is a trending one click root application developed by GeoHot that got extreme extreme attention because of its ability to root carrier locked devices such as Galaxy S5 etc.
In this tutorial, we will be guiding you to root Sony Xperia M (single/dual SIM) running on latest 4.3 Jellybean. You don’t need to unlock your bootloader to achieve root access with this method. Using Towel Root app alone doesn’t root your phone fully. You can’t edit/delete system files or perform mount operations with that.
In order to fix the mounting error and achieve full root, the developer has created a remount reboot fix which will enable full root power to your Xperia M on 4.3. Partially rooting your Xperia M doesn’t require a computer and it’s pretty easy. But for fixing the remount reboot issue, you have to be computer. Before explaining this method, you can check our previous guides related to Xperia M below.
Full Development Guides for Sony Xperia M C1904/1905
Rooting your phone may void the warranty and can even brick your phone to infinite sleep. Me or TechBii will not be held responsible for any kind of damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial. This method is seemed to be working in respective SONY Xperia M and do not try with any other devices.
The given method to root Xperia M is working for both single SIM and dual SIM variants (C1905&C1904). Let’s have a look at the requirements that’s needed for this workaround.
- Make sure that your phone is running on 4.3 Jellybean.
- This is a no data loss method. So your entire files will be kept intact.
- Charge your phone for at least 30% to avoid power failure during the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your phone from Developer Options. If you couldn’t see the option, go to about phone and tap build number several times until your developer menu gets enabled.
How to Root Xperia M on 4.3 Jellybean with Towel Root [Locked BL]
- Download and install latest version of towel root app from here.
- Open Towel Root app and choose “make it ra1n” to root your phone partially. Let it reboot.
- Now head on to Play Store and download Super SU. Install it.
- Also install BusyBox from the store.
- After installing both apps, download remount reboot fix from here and extract it on your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer with USB debugging mode enabled.
- Finally, open the remount reboot folder which you have extracted and run install.bat.
- Choose Super SU (Option 1) and press enter. Grant root permission in your phone. Read the messages in the screen and reboot it. Over.
So you have rooted Xperia M C1905/1904 running on 4.3 Jellybean in locked bootloader with the help of towel root app. I hope you all enjoyed this post. Let me know if you got any trouble while making this procedure alive. This guide to root Xperia M on 4.3 in locked bootloader with towel root app is adapted from the original xda thread.
Recent search terms:
- how to root sony xperia m c1904 without pc
- towelroot for Xperia m
- how to root Sony xperia c1904 without pc
- How to root C1904 4 3
- How do I root my Sony C1904
- sony xperia m root without pc
- sony xperia m root software
- sony xperia m c1904 4 3 android phone root without pc
- sony xperia m c1904 4 3 android phone root
- sony xperia m 4 3 android phone root without pc