Lenovo Zuk Z1 Oreo update can easily be done by manually flashing Resurrection Remix ROM. It’s an unofficial build, developed and released by 3rd party developers, and may contain minor bugs for daily usage. So it’s up to you whether to stay in stock CyanogenOS or update Zuk Z1 (codenamed Ham) to Android Oreo 8 with the help of this custom ROM.
If you’re trying a custom ROM for the first time, keep in mind that your device’s bootloader must be unlocked (if it’s there) and a custom recovery should be installed. You can flash SuperSU or compatible Magisk utility to root the device. The aforementioned steps are comparatively easy to perform. However, necessary precautions have to be taken.
Zuk Z1 Oreo Update: Pre-requisites
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So back up your files safe. A NANDROID backup is recommended if you have TWRP recovery.
- This particular ROM is incompatible with other Zuk variants such as Zuk Z2. Please do not try this ROM on an unlisted device(s).
- Your device, Lenovo Zuk Z1 must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like Resurrection Remix.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery on your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
Zuk Z1 Oreo Update: Installation Steps
- Download both Resurrection Remix (RR-O-v6.0.0-20180311-ham-Official.zip) and corresponding Oreo GApps and copy to the internal storage of your device.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. For this, power off your phone and press and hold Vol – key and Power button simultaneously till the device vibrates and boot to recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik, and System from the recovery. Optional: Format data to remove encryption support.
- Reboot into recovery again.
- Now choose the copied Resurrection Remix ROM and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
After flashing Zuk Z1 Oreo ROM, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
Zuk Z1 Oreo update guide via Resurrection Remix ROM has been finished. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. Let us know if you had any difficulties while downloading the Zuk Z1 Oreo update ROM on your device.