YU Yureka Black: Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP & Root – This guide merges three different tutorials which let you unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery and root the whole new YU Yureka Black. I have compiled the complete procedures altogether so that you could perform everything without moving to other web pages. YU Yureka black is the newest release from YU Tele-ventures after a long gap and here’s how you can unlock the bootloader, enable TWRP custom recovery and root YU Yureka black for developmental purposes.
YU Yureka Black sports stunning features for a nominal price and sure it strikes the market before its grand launch. On the hardware side, it rocks a 5” full HD display, 13/8 MP cameras, 3000 mAh juice and 4 gigs of RAM. It’s running on Snapdragon Qualcomm 430 Processor along with 32GB of internal storage, which is expandable to 64GB.
So let’s see how you can unlock the bootloader, install TWRP custom recovery and root YU Yureka Black in a step-by-step manner. I divide the whole process to three; bootloader unlocking, TWRP recovery installation and rooting the device. So follow in the exact order to attain root access on your YU Yureka Black.
YU Yureka Black- Bootloader Unlock, TWRP & Root: Disclaimer
YU Yureka black and previous YU devices are entirely different and do not perform the same methods on different variants as it might surely brick your device. We, at TechBii, will not be held responsible for any outcomes that may occur by following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
Yureka Black – Bootloader Unlock, TWRP & Root Downloads
YU Yureka Black- Bootloader Unlock, TWRP & Root: Pre-requisites
- Unlocking bootloader wipes the data on your internal storage. So it’s advised to make a full backup on your PC.
- Keep the battery juice above 60% so that the device won’t run out of power during the unlocking process.
- Make sure you install the ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC. You can download it from the above download section.
1.How to Unlock Bootloader of YU Yureka Black
- Enable Developer Options on your YU Yureka Black by tapping the build number (About Phone section) 7 times.
- Now enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options under Developer options for accepting ADB commands.
- Connect Yureka Black to the PC in fastboot mode. For this, attach the device to the PC and under the ADB folder, open a command window and type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Most of the time, the command window would stuck saying “Waiting for device” result. In this scenario, simply re-install the USB drivers on your computer. If that doesn’t fix the issue, install the PDAnet application on both phone and computer and perform the driver setup to install all necessary USB drivers on the system.
- To check whether the device is detected on the computer, enter the following command on the terminal:
- If that returns a serial code, your phone has been detected successfully. If you use mfastboot instead of fastboot, you may need to replace fastboot with mfastboot in all commands.
- To unlock YU Yureka Black’s bootloader, type the command:
fastboot oem unlock-go
- That’s it. The device will most likely reboot into bootloader mode, which means that the device’s bootloader has been unlocked.
We have successfully unlocked the bootloader of YU Yureka Black. Our first section is completed. Let’s move on to the next section; installing TWRP recovery on YU Yureka Black.
2. How to Install TWRP Recovery on YU Yureka Black
- First of all, download the TWRP image (.img) file from the download section and copy the same to the adb folder on your computer.
- Rename the image file to recovery.img . This is very important as the following commands are based on this filename. If you incorrectly renamed the file, the command won’t execute.
- Connect your Yureka in fastboot mode to the PC. (Check above section )
- Now open the command terminal inside the adb folder where the recovery.img file resides and enter the below command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The recovery file will be pushed to the device and the stock recovery will be replaced with the TWRP custom recovery on your YU Yureka Black.
After completing the above two sections, we have successfully unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP recovery on Yureka Black. The device is ready to be rooted. Let’s see how you can root Yureka Black in the final section.
3. How to Root YU Yureka Black (with SuperSU)
- Download the SuperSU flashable zip from the download section above and place it on the root of your of internal storage.
- Reboot your Yureka Black into TWRP recovery by either using the key combination or with the reboot to recovery option.
- Permit the modification access in the recovery (for the first time).
- Do a Data wipe by tapping Format Data option under the Wipe section.
- Now choose the SuperSU flashable zip and install it by swiping right to the screen.
- Followed by the installation, do a cache wipe which includes Dalvik cache as well.
- Press reboot to system. Done.
That was it! By following these three sections, we have performed all developmental activities on Yureka Black such as unlocking the bootloader, installing the TWRP custom recovery and rooting Yureka Black with SuperSU package.
Errors are most likely to come in these procedures. So, if you’re stuck at any step with any errors, let us know via comments. We will help you resolve any queries regarding how to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and root YU Yureka Black as soon as possible.