Yureka Black Nougat Update: I have recently covered an article on how to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery and root the YU Yureka Black. If you want to manually update Yureka Black to official Nougat firmware, this guide will be useful for you. As per the developer note’s, YU is not going to release the OTA update for everyone (as of now), but the firmware can be downloaded and installed manually.
Which means those who are desperate to try the latest Nougat firmware on Yureka Black can manually download and install the same on the device. The firmware is 100% official and it won’t void the device warranty. If you’re wondering how to manually update Yureka Black to Nougat firmware, here’s how you can do it safely.
Yureka Black Nougat Update: Pre-requisites
- Refer my all-in-one guide for Yureka Black and make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Also, download the TWRP recovery image from there and keep it handy.
- Install necessary drivers on your PC including USB, ADB & fastboot drivers.
- Make a backup of your important files as it might wipe your phone’s storage.
- Enable Developer options (tap build number 7 times) and allow OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging options.
Yureka Black Nougat Firmware & GApps Download
How to Update Yureka Black to Nougat 7.1.2 Official Firmware
- Assuming that you have successfully installed all required drivers for Yureka Black and adb folder is correctly setup.
- Download the Yureka Black 7.1.2 Nougat firmware on your PC and extract it to the adb folder [Usually found at C:\adb].
- Reboot your Yureka Black into fastboot mode by connecting the device to the PC and performing the following command opened under adb folder:
adb reboot bootloader
- Check whether the file flash-windows.bat is there inside the adb folder after extraction. If yes, execute it.
- The device will reboot once. After that, type the below command:
fastboot boot recovery.img
- It’s time to sideload the Google Apps. For this, copy the GApps package to the adb folder and execute this command:
adb sideload /path/of/your/open_gapps.zip
- Replace path & name with respect to the file. It’s letter sensitive and won’t work if there’s a type.
- After getting the Success message, do a factory reset and reboot the phone.
Guide to manually updating Yureka Black to Nougat beta firmware has been completed. Note that this is a beta firmware and may have some bugs in it. If you want a fully stable firmware, I suggest you wait till YU release the official OTA update.
Meanwhile, if you’re having difficulty in updating YU Yureka Black to Nougat manually, let me know via comments.
Image & File Credits: YU Official Thread