A website is the face of your online identity. It is the first place where your audience interacts with your brand. According to a study by Adobe, 38 percent of people said that they stop engaging with a website if its content or layout is unattractive.
It means that your website’s design can either make or break your business. Your business’ website receives thousands of visitors daily. To turn those visitors into customers, you need to hire a web design agency from Miami to entice them with attractive web design. It is the ultimate aim of any business – turn visitors into leads.
However, if doing this was so easy, then not all websites would’ve become the goldmines for owners? But that is not the case. So, how can you convert website visitors into paying customers?
Here, we have put together a list of simple website design hacks that can help turn your website into a valuable asset for converting visitors into customers.
1. Make Website Speed a Priority
In this fast-paced world, no one waits for a website to load. If your website is slow to load, customers will simply close it and open your rival’s website in a new tab.
The image below shows how the conversion rate decreases with an increased page load time.
You can improve the speed of your website by removing unnecessary plugins, optimizing caches, and compressing images. Don’t forget to test your website speed regularly to ensure that you’re following Google’s recommended page load time, which is under 3 seconds.
2. Use a Readable Font Type and Size
Did you know while Steve Jobs was developing the first Mac, he created ten different types of fonts? Thanks to him, we are not stuck with robotic, unappealing fonts, like the one shown in the image below:
Hence, tiny design details like font type and size play a magical role in enhancing the overall look of your website and help distinguish a professional website from an unattractive one.
Here are a few tips for selecting the most suitable font type and size for improved readability and website aesthetics:
- Ensure that the font type you select reflects your brand’s tone. For a classic or traditional appeal, you can select serif fonts, while for an artistic look, handwritten fonts should be your go-to choice.
- You can use a mix of 2-3 font types for your website’s text, but it’s better to select different font types from the same font family.
- For better readability, it is recommended to keep the font size of the body text to 16px.
3. Get Rid of the Clutter
Back in the days, for smooth business operations, you needed to keep your files organized and sorted. However, this isn’t the case today. It is because a significant portion of sales come from online sources. Therefore you need to keep your website clutter-free.
Imagine yourself visiting a website filled with flash animations, auto-play videos, and pop-up ads. Will you buy the product from that site, or close it in irritation? So it is vital to eliminate clutter from your website. Below are a few simple tricks to do so:
- Less is more. Remove all unnecessary elements from your website.
- Ensure that your website has a clear hierarchy to help lead visitors to their desired products.
- Do not go overboard with your color palette or font types. Otherwise, your visitors might get distracted.
- Keep your text to a minimum and organize it logically.
4. Leverage the Power of CTAs
A study by HubSpot shows that a Call-to-Action (CTA) button with a strong and personalized message can boost your conversion rate by around 202 percent. Whether you’re aiming to get subscribers for your blog or make your visitors fill out a contact form, a CTA button provides a clear direction for achieving your objective.
Three key factors can make the CTA button work for you. They are:
- Where is it placed on your website?
To ensure that your website visitors click on your CTA, you should place it in a way so that it is easily spotted. According to Grow and Convert, placing CTA buttons in a pop-up can result in 1-8 percent conversion rates compared to sidebars with 0.5-1.5 percent.
- How is it designed?
It is vital to ensure that your CTA button is distinct and stands out from the other content on your website. To make it appear distinct, the color of your CTA button should be different than your website’s overall color scheme.
- What does it say?
If your CTA button doesn’t give out the right message, the audience wouldn’t know what to do next. Therefore, your CTA button should have a clear message like ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Start my free 30-day trial’ etc.
5. Grab Attention with the Right Visuals
According to Zabisco, 40 percent of people tend to respond better to visual information compared to plain text.
Visuals are a fundamental component of effective website design. Without the right set of visuals, your website might fail to keep your audience hooked for a longer duration. Hence, your conversion rate would fall.
Here are a handful of tips related to visuals that can help increase your website conversion rate:
- Pep Laja, the founder of CXL, identified that content placed above the fold grabs 80 percent of visitors’ attention. So, as per experts, one of the best practices is to place the best visuals, such as an image or a video above the fold.
- Do not use stock photos as they might convey a message that your business is incapable of coming up with original, quality content.
- Create a visual hierarchy that helps visitors scan the required information and click the relevant CTA buttons.
- Add relevant video content on your website to drive conversions considerably.
6. Ensure Easy Website Navigation
If your visitors are unable to find their desired information easily on your website, they will just leave it. Therefore, while designing your website, it is important to remember that smooth navigation is key.
Some effective tips for streamlined website navigation are:
- Navigation throughout your site should be consistent.
- Reduce the number of clicks that the visitors need before reaching to their destination page.
- To avoid visitors from getting lost, place the navigation bar either on the top or left side of the web pages.
- Ensure that the website links are descriptive, so the visitors know where they are heading.
7. Add Your Company’s Logo
Your logo is the identity of your business. It is the one thing that people vividly remember. An attractive and catchy logo facilitates brand loyalty and distinguishes you from the competition.
It is important to have a logo that separates your brand from your rivals. It must have a personal touch to it. Your logo should tell your brand’s values to your customers.
If your business has in-house graphic designers, they can design a logo that is creative and personal. Even if not, there are many design companies out there that can create an affordable logo design for your business.
Grow your business
Optimizing your website design to convert leads into sales isn’t an overnight process. Successful website design requires patience, creativity, a lot of testing for figuring out what’s working and what’s not. The goal of an ideal website design should be to provide a seamless experience to visitors.
Andrea Bell is a blogger by choice. She loves to discover the world around her. She likes to share her discoveries, experiences, and express herself through her blogs. You can find her on Twitter:@IM_AndreaBell