Xiaomi Mi 3 users can now avail Android 5.0.2 lollipop through CyanogenMod 12 based custom ROM CancroCM. The ROM is of course, unofficial and still not evolved fully to consider as a stable build for daily use. According to the developer, CancroCM does have some bugs including Bluetooth, NFC, USB-OTG and camcorder in default camera. These bugs have already been identified by the OP and they’re working hard to fix it and release an update to the ROM.
Mi 3 always had great developer support in the developer forums like XDA and it has got many ROMs based on KitKat including CM11. If you own an Mi3 and want to update your device to the latest android Lollipop version, you can use this guide. Don’t be panic about the current bugs as they will be fixed very soon and you will be getting a stable build at the earliest.
- Necessary USB drivers should be installed in your computer. Download the Mi 3 drivers from here.
- Your bootloader should be unlocked with elevated root access.
- A custom recovery is required, either CWM or TWRP.
- Backup important data or take a Nandroid backup (recommended) using recovery.
This guide to update Xiaomi Mi 3 to unofficial CyanogenMod 12 is meant only for the respective device and does not suit with any other devices of Xiaomi. In case you’ve got any trouble while following this guide will not affect us as TechBii will not be held responsible for any aftereffects by following this tutorial. You’re the developer of your own destiny and don’t blame us. We will try to fix your issues however.
CyanogenMod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2 CancroCM ROM for Mi 3 – Installation
- Download the CM12 CancroCM ROM from here and copy it to your device.
- Reboot your Mi 3 to custom recovery by pressing and holding Vol Up+Power buttons simultaneously followed by switching off the device.
- Do a Nandroid backup of your current version.
- Perform Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, Format System and Wipe Dalvik.
- Now get back to the recovery home and install the copied ROM file.
- After successful flashing, go back and reboot system. It may take a while to boot up for the first time.
- In case you need Google Apps, get it from here and flash it in a similar manner (You don’t need to wipe anything here).
So that was installing CM12 based CancroCM ROM in your Mi 3. If you felt any difficulties while following this guide or stuck at any step, let us know. We will try our level best to help you install CM12 in your Mi 3.