Update Micromax A110 Canvas 2 with official Jelly bean update. Sorry for my belated post on this topic. I’m pretty sure that you might have read and applied this guide from other resources. But those who got trouble while updating can adapt this tutorial to get 100 % successful result.
Here we’re dealing with 4 different ways to officially update your Micromax A110 Canvas 2 without rooting. By the way, if you tried to update your firmware, you would have been heard of the basic tool, “SP Tool”. What the hell is that? Do we really need that butch to update your Micromax A110?
Nope, as I said above, we’re performing a win-win procedure to update the Android to Jelly bean 4.1.1. Let me explain this, you don’t need to be a rooted phone. Here’s the first win. Secondly, you learn how to deal with your Micromax A110 or Android (at least the basics ) through this tutorial.
I-The Unadventurous Method to Update Micromax A110
The Micromax team has emerged out the way by releasing the official update for MMX A110. In this case, they call their subscriber’s attention to reach nearest Micromax service centre to get your phone updated. Who cares? Don’t you want to learn the secret behind the curtain?
I call it, the Granny’s method of doing the upgrade. I wouldn’t recommend this way if you are willing to play with your Canvas 2 furthermore. We will provide regular updates for Android for your Micromax A110. In this scenario, would you rush to the service centre to get it applied on your phone?
Click here to find nearest Micromax service centre
However, you can follow the above method if you’re at late 40s or 50s by age. Otherwise, kick the gap and follow me.
II- Flash the ROM using Stock Recovery
This is what I recommend if your phone hasn’t rooted already. It keeps your warranty intact and ensure peace of mind.
Install ClockWorkMod on your Micromax A110 Canvas 2
This step is required to be done prior moving to me method II.
1.Download the CWM Recovery.
2. Rename it to recovery.img and transfer it to your SD card.
3. Download MobileUncle MTK Tools from play store. (link given below)
4. Select the option “Recovery Update” from the app, and then when it ask for path, guide it to where you transferred the file to your SD card.
Things to be Done after Installing CWM
1. To begin, you need to Flash your stock ROM with this tool. Just install from Playstore and flash it.
Get Tool from here (Install ClockWorkMod first)
2. Download Official Jelly Bean Update from here and copy to your SD Card.
3. Reboot your phone to recovery by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously after power off.
4. Choose “Install ZIP from SD Card” and choose the downloaded file.
5. Have a cup of Coffee, Cheers.
III- Flash Jelly Bean ROM using
Well, this method is supposed to be done if your phone has been already rooted. If didn’t, root Micromax a110 first.
Also flash CWM in your phone (provided above) before moving.
1. Download CWM flashable zip from here
2. Boot into ClockWorkMod as said above and choose this downloaded file and flash (Exactly same as that of the above method).
3. Wipe dalvik cache by going in “advanced” option in ClockWorkMod recovery. Reboot your phone. Done.
IV – Update Micromax A110 Canvas 2 with official Jelly bean via SP flashing Tool
* Download SP Tool from here
* Download Micromax A110 drivers for PC from here
Procedure with SP Flashing Tool
1. Extract and Install SP Tool which you’ve downloaded
2. Turn off your phone and keep it near to your hand side.
3. Open SP Tool and click on Scatter- loading option
4. Choose the file named “MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc”
5. The file will show up in the scatter loading file tab and then click on “Firmware -> Upgrade” button. It will start detecting your phone.
6. Now install Downloaded Micromax A110 Canvas 2 drivers on your PC.
7. Connect your phone via USB cable in switched off mode.
8. It will start its job when the tool detects your phone. Let it do the task and wait until you get a some green signal indicating Success.
It’s party time. You’ve learned how to officially update your Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to latest Jelly bean in 4 different ways.
Do let me know if you want any kind of help. Happy to be here:-D