If you are preparing for the SBI PO exams 2021, you must check these preparation tips to ensure that you are studying correctly. With these tips and tricks, you can frame a good study plan by dividing your time among the topics accordingly. The State Bank of India Probationary Officer exams involve cutthroat competition and cracking it in the first attempt is extremely difficult.
As you must be knowing, there are several parameters which candidates must consider for preparing efficiently in the right direction. Through this article, we are going to provide you with preparation strategies and tips along with other crucial steps that will help you in better preparation for the forthcoming SBI PO exam.
Overview of the exam
To know the preparation strategies for the SBI PO exam, you must have knowledge of the syllabus and pattern of examination along with the selection process. The SBI PO recruitment has three 3 selection stages:
- The Preliminary Exam
- The Mains Exam
- GD and PI
SBI PO Preparation Strategy 2021
Read these tips below in order to have a more efficient and effective study plan for the upcoming SBI PO exam
- Know your Syllabus: This will allow you to prepare your study plan accordingly. You may sort out the important topics to begin your preparation.
- Previous year question papers: Going through these will enable you to condense the syllabus to focus on the important topics. Refer to the correct books because you don’t want to waste time.
- Create a plan: Know the time left for preparation while prioritising the topics that you have to cover. Build a timetable for achieving your goals. Also, allocate time for the parts of the syllabus where you think you are weak.
- Make notes: Simply reading is never fruitful. Always prepare notes of anything that you read. It’s a proven fact that writing boosts memory and the retention of topics.
- Practice: Every important topic with its solved examples as well as questions must be thoroughly practiced. Besides the practice tests, make it a point to solve a variety of SBI PO test series and past year papers so that you can get accustomed to the pattern and standard of the paper.
- Mock tests: Testing yourself is going to help you in staying on track by learning from your own mistakes. After practicing, attempting a mock test can give you the practical experience of an actual exam.
- Revision: Revising and continuous practice is the only key for cracking the SBI PO examination in the very first attempt. Revise every important topic and practice the shortcuts of solving problems daily.
- Read more: As English is the most important subject for SBI PO, it is important to read English newspapers, journals and magazines on a regular basis. This is going to improve vocabulary, grammar as well as comprehension abilities.
- Current affairs: Be in touch with the current affairs and news. Concentrate more on the finance, banking and business sector.
- Remain consistent: Hard work coupled with consistency can enable you to upgrade your knowledge.
SBI PO Prelims Preparation
The syllabus for the SBI PO exam in the preliminary round consists of three segments – English Language (30 marks/ 30 Questions), Quantitative Aptitude (35 marks/ 35 Questions), and Reasoning Ability (35 marks/ 35 Questions).
SBI PO Prelims Preparation: English Language
The section on the English Language is probably the easiest to score. You have to only improve your basic grammar skills with proper and regular reading habits. Moreover, this is also going to help in improving your vocabulary. You might want to study and analyse the past years’ papers for getting a good idea of the kind of questions that are asked. Questions from this section usually include topics such as Comprehension, Jumbled paragraphs, Antonyms and Synonyms and Editing Passages.
SBI PO Prelims Preparation: Quantitative Aptitude
The quantitative Aptitude segment is a hard nut to crack as noticed in the previous years’ papers of SBI PO. You must be really well versed with concepts of Ratio and Proportion, Speed and Distance, Average, Time and Work, Data Interpretation, Number Series, Quadratic Equations, Simplification, etc. This section will evaluate your numerical skills as well as problem-solving ability. Regularly practicing is the only way to ace this section.
SBI PO Prelims Preparation Reasoning Ability
Reasoning Ability is definitely the most scoring part in the entire SBI PO exam. You must practice regularly for cracking this section successfully. The questions in this section are very logical. You must prepare topics like Syllogism, Puzzles, Coding-Decoding, Seating Arrangement, Ranking, and Order, etc. Follow each practice session with a speedy revision.
SBI PO Mains Preparation
The syllabus for the SBI PO exam in the mains round consists of four segments – Reasoning and Computer Aptitude (60 marks/45 Questions), Data Analysis (60 marks/ 35 Questions), General Awareness (40 marks/ 40 Questions), and English Language (40 marks/ 35 Questions)
Follow the same tips as prescribed in the preliminary round for the English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
SBI PO Mains Preparation: Computer Aptitude
For the section on Computer Aptitude, you are required to have a basic idea of the hardware and software of a computer. Moreover, you must know the important topics such as Computer Basics, Functions of an Operating System, Internet Knowledge, Networking Basics (LAN & WAN), Basic Microsoft Office. This is hands down the easiest section to score the most marks.
SBI PO Mains Preparation: General Awareness
Candidates who really want to score well in the General awareness section have to be up-to-date with the current affairs of the country and the world. For this, it is extremely important that you regularly read newspapers, watch the daily news and focus on finance and business magazines. Important topics include the Indian Economy, Awards & Honours, Marketing, Finance, Sports, Indian Constitution, Agriculture, etc.
With these tips, you will surely be able to crack the SBI PO exam and get into your dream banking job.