Xperia M has already got 4.3 jelly bean update and and if you wish to root your Xperia M running on 4.3 jelly bean without unlocking the bootloader, here’s a complete guide for you. I have already crafted a post on rooting Xperia M on 4.3 jellybean with unlocked bootloader. But I’m damn sure that many of you’re not willing to unlock your bootloader as it will void further software updates as well as guarantee of your phone.
Rooting Xperia M on running on 4.3 with locked bootloader has never been easier and this rooting method was invented by xda senior member mbc07. But let me warn you something before proceeding further. This method isn’t sweeter as the previous guides and you should follow each steps with extreme care as said by developer in order to avoid phone software damages.
Rooting your phone may void the warranty and can even brick your phone to infinite sleep. Me or TechBii will not be held responsible for any kind of damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial. This method is seemed to be working in respective SONY Xperia M and do not try with any other devices.
The given method to root Xperia M is working for both single SIM and dual SIM variants (C1905&C1904). Let’s have a look at the requirements that’s needed for this workaround.
- You should have the ftf (firmware) of 4.3 build (15.4.A.0.23 ) and flash tool installed in your computer.
- Any extracting tool like 7-zip or winRAR.
- Your current OS must be either stock 4.1.2 or 4.2 with full root access. If you have already updated to 4.3, downgrade it by flashing the ftf with flash tool.
- A minimum of 1.5GB free storage in your SD card. External SD is also fine.
How to Root Xperia M with Locked Bootloader on 4.3 Jelly Bean
- First of all open the 4.1.2 ftf with winRAR and extract “system.sin” file to your desktop or any other convenient folder.
- Now open flash tool and under “Tools”, select “sin editor” and load the system.sin file that you have extracted in the above step. Click “extract data”.
- After extraction, you will get a file called “system.ext4”. Keep that intact.
- Now download the root package from here and extract it somewhere in your computer.
- Now copy the “system.ext4” (which you got in step 3) file and move to the extracted folder of root package which contains root.bat file.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and run the root.bat file and follow the instructions.
- At the end, it will notify that your phone will be frozen or something like that. Nothing to worry about that. Just remove the USB cable from computer and remove&reinsert your phone battery. Keep in mind that never ever turn on your phone at that moment.
- Now open flash tool and connect your phone in flash mode (press and hold volume down while connecting to PC). LED will blink green.
- After connecting your phone in flash mode, flash the 4.3 ftf but exclude system. See screenshot below.
Wait for flashing to complete. If you have followed all of the steps with care, you should get full root access to your 4.3 version even without unlocking boot loader. Now you have rooted your Xperia M within locked boot loader on 4.3 jelly bean. Let me know if you have any trouble following this guide.
Source and Full credits : xda original thread