Redmi Note 4X (mido): Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM – This is actually an update to my recent post Download MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 4/4X where I shared the recovery ROM for the device. In this tutorial, I will help you update your Redmi Note 4X (mido) to the latest MIUI 126.96.36.199 (MCFMIDL) Global Stable version with the fastboot method. This update brings few major features to the device including Airtel VoLTE support, Google security patch etc. I will jot down the full changelog below for the reference.
This MCFMIDL update for Redmi Note 4X has actually started to rollout since a week and if you still don’t the update notification through the built-in system updater app, you can download either the recovery ROM or this fastboot version to manually update the device.
MIUI 188.8.131.52 MCFMIDL Redmi Note 4X Changelogs
Airtel VoLTE support has been integrated
Google security patch update
Fixed camera open error
Solved SD card unmounting issue
IP telephony fixes
"com.android.bluetooth stopped working" fix
Second space Bluetooth issues fix
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 MCFMIDL Fastboot ROM for Redmi Note 4X
How to Update MIUI 220.127.116.11 Fastboot ROM on Redmi Note 4X (mido)
- Download Mi flash tool from the above download section.
- Turn off the device. Press the Vol– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the MI flash tool downloaded in Step 1, and double-click on it to install. After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
- Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognise the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version. In case if you want to update it via recovery ROM, simply download the Recovery ROM package and follow this guide.
Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 4X from the above links and do as exactly as mentioned in the page. In case you feel any difficulty while downloading and installing MIUI 22.214.171.124 on Note 4X, let us know via comments. We’re very responsive to comments.