An unofficial build of LineageOS 15 is out, through which you can perform Redmi Note 4 Oreo update. This particular build is compatible with the ‘mido’ version (Snapdragon variant) and in this tutorial, I will help you update your Redmi Note 4 to the latest Android 8 Oreo version manually.
LineageOS 15 is a custom ROM and it can only be installed on your device if the bootloader is unlocked. Root access and a valid custom recovery are also mandatory to flash this ROM on your Note 4. LineageOS 15 can be installed on your Redmi Note 4 running on MIUI 8 or MIUI 9 firmware, irrespective of the stable/beta versions.[mks_separator style=”dashed” height=”2″]
You May Also Like:
Download & Update Redmi Note 4X to MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM [7.8.24]
How to Update Redmi Note 4/4X to MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM
Download & Install Official MIUI 9 Update on Redmi Note 4 (mido)
Xposed for Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon): Installation Guide[mks_separator style=”dashed” height=”2″]
Unlocking bootloader of Xiaomi phones can be tricky. I have written an awesome article to unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi device within hours. Also, if you don’t want to try the Redmi Note 4 Oreo update, you can also try the LineageOS 14.1, based on Android Nougat. However, I suggest you install the latest build as it’s simply awesome as far as I tried.
Redmi Note 4 Oreo Update (LineageOS 15): Requirements
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Unlocked bootloader is mandatory to perform developmental activities like flashing custom ROMs in Xiaomi devices.
- Your Xiaomi device must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like LineageOS.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
- Install USB drivers for your computer to transfer files between the PC & mobile device.
Download LineageOS 15 & GApps for Redmi Note 4[mks_separator style=”dotted” height=”2″] [sociallocker id=71224] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”LineageOS 15″ style=”squared” url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=211015&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC” target=”_self” bg_color=”#1e73be” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”GApps for Oreo” style=”squared” url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120757578″ target=”_self” bg_color=”#1e73be” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [/sociallocker] [mks_separator style=”dotted” height=”2″]
How to Update Redmi Note 4 to LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM
- Download both LineageOS ROM and corresponding Google Apps package and copy to the internal storage of your Redmi.
- Power off your phone.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. (TWRP 3+ recommended)
- Hold “Volume Down + Power+ Volume Up” for at least 3 seconds and then release the buttons when it vibrates.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik and System from the recovery. Or choose factory reset.
- Now choose the downloaded ROM(.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 15 Oreo update guide has been finished. After flashing LineageOS 15 on Note 4, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo will be successfully installed in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 after a while. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. If you felt any difficulty while installing LineageOS on your Redmi device, let me know.