Download MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 4/4X: MIUI 18.104.22.168 NCFMIEI global stable ROM can be downloaded for Redmi Note 4. This stable update is made available for selected users over OTA prompt and if you’re quite excited to get the firmware without waiting more, you can download MIUI 22.214.171.124 NCFMIEI global stable ROM for Redmi Note 4/4X from here.
Recovery ROM lets you install the latest MIUI 126.96.36.199 on Redmi Note 4 with the help of stock recovery via Updater app. This is in fact, the safest and recommended way to update the device. However, the fastboot ROM requires a computer access along with certain flashing applications installed to proceed with the upgrade. I will be explaining both methods but make sure that you have taken necessary precautions before that.
The previous global stable version for Redmi Note 4/4X (codenamed as Nikel, Mido, respectively) was MIUI 8 based variants and with this firmware, you can directly update your device to the latest build. MIUI 9 on Redmi Note 4 comes with lots of exciting features and bug fixes. Here’s the full changelog.
In this tutorial, I will guide you how to install MIUI 188.8.131.52 global stable firmware on your Redmi Note 4/4X. You can either directly upgrade from the previous stable version or from previous builds. The procedure is quite similar to the methods which I have described in my older articles.
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 4/4x
How to Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM on Redmi Note 4/4X
Recovery ROM Method
- Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 4/4X (miui_HMNote4XGlobal_V22.214.171.124.NCFMIEI_37d94c8e22_7.0.zip) and copy it the root of your internal storage.
- Now rename the ROM zip to ‘update.zip’ and open the Updater app on your device.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner and select ‘Choose update package’.
- It will open up the explorer. Just select the update.zip file you renamed and let the updater verify the ROM.
- Once the verification is done, you will be asked to reboot to recovery. Proceed with that and the phone will install the ROM package in the recovery.
- Once it completes the installation, the device will reboot to the system automatically.
- Download Mi flash tool from the above download section.
- Turn off the device. Press the Vol– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
- Double click on the downloaded fastboot ROM (mido_global_images_V126.96.36.199.NCFMIEI_20171028.0000.00_7.0_global_0e9582bee8.tgz) file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the MI flash tool downloaded in Step 1, and double-click on it to install. After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
- Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
Download MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 4 from the above links and do as exactly as mentioned on the page. In case you feel any difficulty while downloading and installing MIUI 9 on Redmi Note 4, let us know via comments. We’re very responsive to comments.