MIUI 9 based global beta ROM (7.9.7) is released for Redmi Note 3, codenamed as Kenzo. This firmware runs on Android Nougat 7.1.2 version and in case if you want to experience Nougat features on your Note 3, it’s worth trying this global beta ROM. Beta ROMs may have minor bugs when compared to the global stable ROMs. So it’s advised to make a full backup of your current stable version so that you can restore it later if you wish to.
Redmi Note 3 can be manually updated to the MIUI 9 global beta version in two ways; either by flashing the recovery ROM or with the fastboot ROM. The installation method depends on your current MIUI version. If it’s on any previous beta builds, you should use the recovery ROM method. On the other hand, if you’re on the global stable ROM and want to switch to this beta, fastboot method is the option.
i.e., If you were playing with stable and beta versions earlier, you might have known that once you flash the Beta ROMs manually, you can’t update it to the stable build over OTA. But it’s possible by flashing the same on your device with the help of fastboot ROMs. Since I provide the latest ROMs with installation guide, it won’t be a problem for you.
You May Also Like:
What’s New in MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.9.7
Settings: Fix – Android security patch level was shown with the wrong date. Downloads: New – Downloads keep waiting when the connection is established again in case it was interrupted. Messaging: Fix – Messages with one-time passwords disappeared. Home screen New – Animated icons for selected apps in the default theme. Optimization – New animation for launching and closing apps. Security: Optimization – Simplified and improved the design of the virus scan result page.
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.9.7 for Redmi Note 3[sociallocker id=71224] Recovery ROM Fastboot ROM Mi Flash Tool [/sociallocker]
Recovery ROM Method
- Download MIUI 7.9.7 Global Beta ROM for Redmi Note 4 (miui_HMNote3ProGlobal_7.9.7_21d80de709_6.0.zip) from the above download section and copy it the root of your internal storage.
- Now rename the ROM zip to update.zip and open the Updater app on your device.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner and select ‘Choose update package‘.
- It will open up the explorer. Just select the update.zip file you renamed and let the updater verify the ROM.
- Once the verification is done, you will be asked to reboot to recovery. Proceed with that and the phone will install the ROM package in the recovery.
- Once it completes the installation, the device will reboot to the system automatically.
- Download Mi flash tool and the fastboot ROM (kenzo_global_images_7.9.7_20170907.0000.00_6.0_global_fb198aefb9.tgz) from the above download section.
- Turn off the device. Press the Vol– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the MI flash tool downloaded in Step 1, and double-click on it to install. After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
- Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognise the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.9.7 for Redmi Note 3 from the above links and do as exactly as mentioned in the page. In case you feel any difficulty while downloading and installing the ROMs, let us know via comments.