Redmi 3S Prime (land) can be updated to the latest Android version Oreo by installing LineageOS 15 custom ROM. Redmi 3S Prime Oreo update is, obviously, an unofficial one as the Nougat isn’t released for the device yet! In order to manually upgrade your device to the Oreo version, your device’s bootloader must be unlocked and rooted.
LineageOS 15 is built on the latest Android version, Oreo, and in this tutorial, I will guide you download and update Redmi 3S Prime running on MIUI or any other custom ROMs to the latest version. Redmi 3S has two versions codenamed as ‘land’ (Prime) and ‘ido’ (3S). This specific LineageOS 15 custom ROM is built for the Prime edition and you should not try it on the other variants.[mks_separator style=”dashed” height=”2″]
You May Also Like:
Redmi 3S Prime: Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM
Download & Install LineageOS on Redmi 3S Prime (land)
How to Enable Fingerprint Selfie Capture on Redmi 3S Prime
How to Enable Manual Camera Features on Redmi Note 3 & 3S Prime[mks_separator style=”dashed” height=”2″]
Unlocking bootloader of Xiaomi phones can be tricky. I have written an awesome article to unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi device within hours. Also, if you don’t want to try the Redmi 3S Prime Oreo update, you can also try the LineageOS based on Android Nougat. However, I suggest you install the latest build as it’s simply awesome as far as I tried.
Redmi 3S Prime Oreo Update (LineageOS 15): Requirements
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Unlocked bootloader is mandatory to perform developmental activities like flashing custom ROMs in Xiaomi devices.
- Your Xiaomi device must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like LineageOS.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
- Install USB drivers for your computer to transfer files between the PC & mobile device.
Download Redmi 3S Prime Oreo ROM & GApps[mks_separator style=”dotted” height=”2″] [sociallocker id=71224] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”LineageOS 15″ style=”squared” url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634797137″ target=”_self” bg_color=”#1e73be” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”GApps for Oreo” style=”squared” url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120757578″ target=”_self” bg_color=”#1e73be” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [/sociallocker] [mks_separator style=”dotted” height=”2″]
How to Update Redmi 3S Prime to LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM
- Download both LineageOS ROM and corresponding Google Apps package and copy to the internal storage of your Redmi.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. (TWRP 3+ recommended)
- Power off your phone.
- Hold “Volume Down + Power+ Volume Up” for at least 3 seconds and then release the buttons when it vibrates.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik and System from the recovery. Or choose factory reset.
- Now choose the downloaded ROM(.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
Redmi 3S Prime LineageOS 15 Oreo update guide has been finished. After flashing LineageOS 15 on Redmi 3S, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo will be successfully installed in your Xiaomi Redmi 3S after a while. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. If you felt any difficulty while installing LineageOS on your Redmi device, let me know.