It’s been years since Redmi 1S hit the market. But Xiaomi were reluctant to give periodical updates to the device. Thankfully, the device just received the MIUI 220.127.116.11 global stable update over the air. This update brings much-awaited features to the device including design and usability tweaks.
MIUI 18.104.22.168 KHCMIEK global stable ROM can be downloaded for Redmi 1S through this guide. Although this update is rolled out for every user, it may take a while to receive it on your device depending on the location and provider. If you’re quite excited to get the firmware without waiting more, this tutorial helps you download & manually update Redmi 1S to MIUI 22.214.171.124 KHCMIEK global stable ROM.
Manually updating Redmi 1S to MIUI 126.96.36.199 global stable ROM doesn’t void warranty or erase data from the device. The update procedure uses the phone’s stock recovery and obviously, this is a recovery ROM. So it should not be confused with the fastboot ROM. I will be updating the post with the fastboot method once I fetch the URL for the same.
Redmi 1S MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM Update
Recovery ROM Method
- Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 1S (miui_HM1SWCGlobal_V220.127.116.11.KHCMIEK_f350dac570_4.4.zip) from here and copy it the root of your internal storage.
- Now rename the ROM zip to update.zip and open the Updater app on your device.
- Tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner and select ‘Choose update package‘.
- It will open up the explorer. Just select the update.zip file you renamed and let the updater verify the ROM.
- Once the verification is done, you will be asked to reboot to recovery. Proceed with that and the phone will install the ROM package in the recovery.
- Once it completes the installation, the device will reboot to the system automatically.
It doesn’t usually wipe the date while upgrading. But it’s always recommended to make a full device backup prior performing any developmental activities like this.
Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 1S from the above links and do as exactly as mentioned on the page. In case you feel any difficulty while downloading and installing the latest MIUI firmware on your device, let us know via comments.