Summary: If you want to migrate data from Lotus Notes to Office 365, several options are available to you. You can either use a manual tool or an automatic tool. A manual tool is good if you want to get rid of data stored only in Lotus Notes. But if you also want to migrate data from other systems like Documentum and SharePoint, then an automatic tool, Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter, is your best bet.
Microsoft Office 365 is one of the most popular email clients used by many small businesses and large businesses due to the various salient features provided by it. Mostly, the companies using IBM Lotus Notes are doing Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration because managing Lotus Notes is difficult, but it also lacks several features.
- Office 365 provides high security and advanced features as compared to Lotus Notes.
- In Lotus Notes, the cost of maintenance is very high.
- IBM Notes is more difficult to use than Office 365.
- Lotus Notes require prior technical assistance while operating.
- Office 365 is easily compatible with all devices and Operating systems.
- By using Office 365, users get the facility to access the data anywhere.
Here, we provide two methods to migrate from lotus notes to office 365. Follow these methods to migrate Lotus Notes into Office 365 easily.
- Lotus notes to office 365 migration by using IMAP Connector
- Professional solution to migrate lotus notes to office 365
This is a free method to migrate lotus notes to office 365. Follow these steps provided below:-
Take the Backup of Your NSF Files: As we know, there is always a chance of data loss or corruption while performing the manual method. So, it is important to take the backup of NSF files before migrating them to Office 365.
After taking the Lotus Notes NSF file backup, the next step is to create mailboxes for each user with an existing Lotus Notes desktop email client profile.
Set the default IMAP TCP/IP port. This can be done by changing the ‘TCP/IP port value status’ in the Mail (IMAP) column to ‘Enabled’ (By default, IMAP clients connect to TCP/IP port number 143 on the Domino server).
Establish Connection with IMAP Connector:- Now, at last, you have to synchronize the Lotus mailboxes emails with the newly created mailbox in Office 365 with the help of IMAP Connector. After the connection is established, the lotus notes to office 365 migration will be started.
Although you can migrate Lotus Notes to office 365 manually by using the IMAP connector at free of cost, but it has some limitations that make it less reliable. Some of the main disadvantages are:
- The manual process is slow and a little bit complicated for the new users.
- If the Notes client is behind a firewall and proxy, it will not connect to the Internet.
- The IMAP Connector cannot move the email exceeding the 1 GB size.
- The manual approach applies various filters, which are quite costly.
- The IMAP connector cannot migrate calendar entries.
Try the most prominent solution Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. This is a top-notch utility to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST file format and other formats such as PDF, EML, EMLX, MBOX, HTML, CSV, and other formats. It is crafted with some inbuilt features that make the conversion process 100% reliable and efficient. No prior technical assistance is required while using this tool as it provides a highly interactive GUI to its technical and non-technical users. Download its free demo version to evaluate its working procedure.
We hope you enjoyed our article about how to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. With this knowledge, you can easily migrate from lotus notes to office 365. We have provided all the manual steps in detail. Follow them for the conversion process, but if in case it does not provide an effective result, then go for the Professional Approach.
Author Bio:- Amrita is a Technical Content Writer in the field of Data Migration, Backup, and Recovery. She is focused on engaging the audience by delivering content that solved their problem.