Download OxygenOS 4.5.3 OTA for OnePlus 5: OnePlus once again surprised us with another quick update in terms of OxygenOS 4.5.3. Yesterday I had covered the OxygenOS 4.5.2 OTA update and this newest update brings some more stability improvements and bug fixes. This tutorial helps you manually update OnePlus 5 to the latest OxygenOS 4.5.3 firmware using the stock recovery.
Though there are few more methods to install this firmware, I suggest you follow the easiest way, i.e, the recovery method. ADB sideloading requires additional computer access and code executions. For an average user, that might seems a bit tough. However, if you need to know the sideloading method to flash OxygenOS 4.5.3 OTA firmware on OnePlus 5, let me know.
OxygenOS 4.5.3 for OnePlus 5: Changelog
Expanded screenshot display issue
Google Translate stutters
Wi-Fi occasional drops
System stability improvements
Camera effect and stability enhancements
Effects of auto-brightness adjustment
Accuracy of data usage statistics
Source: OnePlus Official Thread
OxygenOS 4.5.3 OTA Update Details
- Device OnePlus 5
- Version 4.5.3
- Update time 2017-06-27
- File size 1.58 GB
- MD5 hash f57b79c56b950179683595041374b37f
How to Update OnePlus 5 with OxygenOS 4.5.3 OTA ZIP
- Download the OxygenOS 4.5.3 for OnePlus 5 OTA file (OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_008_all_1706262145_3301f08afa9145a6.zip) from this link.
- Now move the file to the root of your phone’s internal storage (without extracting).
- Reboot your phone into stock recovery by switching off the device followed by holding Vol –and Power buttons together.
- On the recovery menu, choose the OTA file under Apply Update option and proceed with the installation.
- Once it’s finished, reboot the device to check whether it’s updated to OxygenOS v4.5.3
Alternatively, you can choose the OTA file through System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade option as well.
OnePlus has also identified a bug related to WeChat and PokemonGO applications. In order to fix that manually reconfigure Access Point Name settings to the below values [Only for US T-Mobile network]
Name: T-Mobile US LTE
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: <Not set>
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: <greyed out unless there are multiple APN's>
Done! You have manually updated OnePlus 5 to the latest OxygenOS 4.5.3 firmware running on Nougat version. In case you’re having difficulties while downloading the OTA ROM or flashing it on your device, let me know via comments.