In my previous article, I covered how to update OnePlus 3 with OxygenOS and BeanStalk which runs on Marshmallow and Nougat respectively. CyanogenMod (CM) Nougat release a.k.a CM 14.1 is now made official for OnePlus 3 and you can manually update your OnePlus 3 to Nougat 7.1 by installing CM 14.1 custom ROM.
In this tutorial, I will be explaining how to manually install Nougat based CM 14.1 ROM on OnePlus 3 in a step-by-step manner. Official CyanogenMod features stable builds released in every nights (nightlies), weeks (weeklies) with snapshot and milestone releases. The procedure to flash CM 14.1 on OnePlus 3 is quite similar if you followed the BeanStalk guide.
Official CM 14.1 for OnePlus 3 : Pre-requisites
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Your OnePlus 3 must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like CyanogenMod.
- Maintain descent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during installation process.
CM 14 Update Guide for OnePlus 3 : Disclaimer
This tutorial to manually update OnePlus 3 to Nougat by flashing CyanogenMod 14.1 custom ROM specifically written for this (OnePlus 3) device and should not be tried with any other variants like OnePlus 1, OnePlus 2 etc. Any damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial is solely owned by you.
How to Update OnePlus 3 to CyanogenMod 14.1 Manually : GuideCM 14.1 ROM for OnePlus 3 Google Apps for CM 14.1
- Download both CM 14.1 ROM and corresponding Google Apps package from above links and copy to the internal storage of your OnePlus 3.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. For this, power off your phone and press and hold Vol – key and Power button simultaneously till the device vibrates and boot to recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik and System from the recovery.
- Now choose the downloaded CM 14.1 package (.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
After flashing CyanogenMod 14.1 in OnePlus 3, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
Now you have manually updated OnePlus 3 to Nougat 7.1 by installing CyanogenMod (CM) 14.1. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device start up. If you felt any difficluty while installing CM 14 on your OnePlus 3, let me know.