Moto X Play Nougat Update Download: The Nougat 7.1.1 update has been made available for Moto X Play and now you can manually download and update the same on the device. Ever since Moto’s announcement for the Nougat update on Moto X Play, people have been waiting to grab the OTA. But the OTA prompt is not yet made available for every user and it takes a while to complete the latest firmware rollout.
Moto X Play has released in India two years ago with Android Lollipop (5.0) pre-installed and the manufacturer had confirmed that it would get the latest Nougat 7.1 update without much delay. But the surprising fact is that Moto X Play didn’t receive an incremental update to Marshmallow firmware. Which means, straight from the Lollipop version, you can update your Moto X Play to latest Nougat 7.1.1 firmware.
Nougat update for Moto X Play in India has become a trending keyword nowadays after Moto’s official announcement (Moto X Play Nougat update India release date) and I’ve been getting numerous messages regarding the same. So let’s see how to manually update Moto X Play to Nougat 7.1.1 firmware.
Moto X Play 7.1.1 Update: Pre-requisites
- Check whether you have received the update via OTA from the System Updates option. If not, proceed further.
- Download and install Moto X Play USB drivers on your PC. [Check the below download section]
- Similarly, make sure you have installed necessary ADB & Fastboot drivers. If not, download from below.
- Make a full backup of your phone’s internal memory and calls/message logs. It gets wiped.
- Maintain a decent battery juice on your X Play.
- The provided firmware is released as a part of Moto X Play Nougat soak test and check whether you have already received the same on your device.
Moto X Play Nougat Update Download[mks_separator style=”dotted” height=”2″] [sociallocker id=71224] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”Nougat Firmware” style=”rounded” url=”https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2fcCTfy55gEWnBRZFp2dlZ3c1k/view” target=”_self” bg_color=”#81d742″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”USB Drivers” style=”rounded” url=”http://motorolausbdriver.com/wp-content/uploads/Motorola_Mobile_Drivers_v6.4.0.zip” target=”_self” bg_color=”#81d742″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”ADB & Fastboot drivers” style=”rounded” url=”http://universaladbdriver.com/wp-content/uploads/universaladbdriver_v4.0.zip” target=”_self” bg_color=”#81d742″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [/sociallocker] [mks_separator style=”dotted” height=”2″]
UPDATE [01/10/2017]: I have updated this guide with Moto X Play (India) Official Nougat 7.1.1 OTA ZIP Files, along with the installation instructions. Check below!
Moto X Play (India) Official Nougat 7.1.1 OTA Update Guide (Updated)
- First of all, download the Moto X Play official Nougat 7.1.1 OTA files. You have to download every part and copy the same to your phone’s storage (external storage).[ Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5.]
- Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates. The update will be auto-recognized if the files are placed correctly. If it doesn’t, go to step 3.
- Switch off your device, press and hold the Volume – button & the Power button simultaneously until the device turns on.
- Now press the Volume – button to get into the Recovery mode.
- Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
- You’ll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down the Power button, press the Volume + button.
- The phone will auto reboot to Recovery Mode.
- Using Volume – key, highlight Apply update from SD Card option and press the Power Button.
- Important! If your current build number is 7.1.1/NPD26.48-8/8, you can skip 1st & 2nd parts (start with the 3rd part). Else, start flashing from the 1st part. If you get ‘installation aborted‘ error while flashing the firmware, reboot to system and check if you had any unfinished system updates.
- Make sure you apply the update in a sequential order, with respect to the part number.
Note: If you get an error while flashing part 3 onwards, it’s completely okay. Just ignore it and your Moto X Play will be successfully updated to the official Nougat 7.1.1 version. Still feeling confused about how to update Moto X Play to Nougat? Check the official thread below!
If you’re confused with the aforementioned procedure, here’s the respective XDA thread.[mks_separator style=”solid” height=”2″]
How to Update Moto X Play to Nougat 7.1.1 Official Firmware (Older Method)
- Enable Developer Options on your Moto X Play by tapping the build number (About Phone section) 7 times.
- Now enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options under Developer options for accepting ADB commands.
- Place the Moto X Play Nougat 7.1.1 firmware (fastboot_lux_retasia_ds_userdebug_7.1.1_NPD26.35_eng.praseed.170526.190746_intcfg_test-keys_retasiaall_03.tar.gz) inside the ADB folder (C:\adb). You need to extract the compressed file inside the folder.
- Connect Moto X Play to the PC in fastboot mode. For this, attach the device to the PC and under the ADB folder, open a command window and type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Most of the time, the command window would stuck saying “Waiting for device” result. In this scenario, simply re-install the USB drivers on your computer. If that doesn’t fix the issue, install the PDAnet application on both phone and computer and perform the driver setup to install all necessary USB drivers on the system.
- To check whether the device is detected on the computer, enter the following command on the terminal:
- If that returns a serial code, your phone has been detected successfully. If you use mfastboot instead of fastboot, you may need to replace fastboot with mfastboot in all commands.
- Once the device reboots to the fastboot mode, perform the following commands one by one:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set fastboot flash partition gpt.bin fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase cache fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase customize fastboot erase clogo fastboot oem fb_mode_clear fastboot reboot
- After hitting the final command, the device will reboot and eventually complete the Nougat 7.1.1 update on Moto X Play.
- You cannot downgrade the device once it’s upgraded to the Nougat firmware unless the bootloader is unlocked.
- The root access will be lost upon performing the firmware update.
- The bootloader status doesn’t change, however.
- The data may be wiped and cannot be recovered easily. So I strongly advise you take a full backup.
Now you have successfully updated Moto X Play to Nougat 7.1.1 firmware using the official fastboot image. Flashing the official firmware doesn’t void the warranty, but an incorrect execution of the command may brick your device. So proper care should be taken.
If you’re having difficulties while updating Moto X Play to Nougat or downloading Moto X Play Nougat update in India, let us know via comments.