It’s really been a wonderful news for OnePlus 3/3T owners. If you were using Xiaomi device and recently got upgraded to OnePlus 3/3T (and miss the sweet MIUI), you could easily install MIUI 9 based custom ROM on your device. You might know, installing custom ROMs require root access and a custom recovery installed. In case if your OnePlus 3/3T isn’t rooted yet, do that first.
I have already covered several guides to manually update OnePlus 3/3T versions to various OxygenOS builds (including the latest releases) and you may refer it for flashing the stock OS if you wish to. However, in this tutorial, I will be guiding you update OnePlus 3 to MIUI 9, running on Android Nougat 7.1.
MIUI 9 ROM for OnePlus 3/3T: Pre-requisites
- Keep your data safe. Backup everything before performing such developmental tasks.
- Your OnePlus 3/3T should be rooted and installed and custom recovery.
- Maintain more than 50% battery juice on your device to prevent power failure while installing ROM, which may cause device bricking.
Download MIUI 9 ROM for OnePlus 3 & 3T[sociallocker id=71224] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”MIUI 9 ROM for OnePlus 3″ style=”rounded” url=”http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jIiiXym” target=”_self” bg_color=”#000000″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”MIUI 9 ROM for OnePlus 3T” style=”rounded” url=”https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B3SolX7qYf0ZWlFrR2R2SjVVcnM” target=”_self” bg_color=”#000000″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [/sociallocker]
How to Install MIUI 9 ROM on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download the ROM (MIUI9_OP3x_Hito_7.8.6_alpha.zip) from the above download section.
- Copy the same to your phone’s internal memory. (Do not extract them)
- Now reboot your device to the custom recovery (TWRP Preferred). For this, use the hardware key combinations after switching off your phone.
- Once your device is booted into the recovery, clear cache, data, Dalvik and system.
- Now choose the copied MIUI 9 ROM file and flash.
- Once you flashed the ROM, clear cache and Dalvik again.
- Reboot system.
The ROM is currently in alpha stage and which means, it might have a few bugs for daily usage. If you want a stable ROM, either stick with your current OxygenOS version or wait till the developers release an update for this MIUI 9 ROM.
Read: Download OxygenOS OpenBeta 19 ROM for OnePlus 3/3T
MIUI 9 ROM installation guide for OnePlud 3/3T has been finished. If you felt any difficulties while downloading or installing the ROM on your phone, let me know via comments.