Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus can be updated to the latest Android version Oreo by installing LineageOS 15 custom ROM. Vibe K5 Plus Oreo update is, obviously, an unofficial one as the company has no plan to make an official build any sooner! In order to manually upgrade your device to the Oreo version, your device’s bootloader must be unlocked (if it’s pre-locked) and rooted.
LineageOS 15 is built on the latest Android version, Oreo, and in this tutorial, I will guide you download and update Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus running on the stock firmware or any other custom ROMs to the latest version. If you’re on a custom ROM, it’s advised to make a NANDROID backup using the TWRP recovery for safety.
You May Also Like:
This ROM is currently under development and some of the features are not working as per the developer’s note. It includes Bluetooth, VoLTE, WiFi, Camera & mobile data. If you really want to try the Ore0 features on your Vibe K5 Plus, proceed with the installation. Else stay back until the developer fixes the major issues.
Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus Oreo Update (LineageOS 15): Requirements
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Your Lenovo device must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like LineageOS.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
- Install USB drivers for your computer to transfer files between the PC & mobile device (optional).
Download Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus Oreo ROM & GAppsLineageOS 15 GApps for Oreo ROM Patch
How to Update Vibe K5 Plus to LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM
- Download LineageOS ROM, patch and corresponding Google Apps package and copy to the internal storage of your Vibe device.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. (TWRP 3+ recommended)
- Power off your phone.
- Boot the device into TWRP recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik, and System from the recovery. Or choose factory reset.
- Now choose the downloaded ROM(.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash the ROM patch in the same way.
- Over that, install the GApps.
- Reboot system.
Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus LineageOS 15 Oreo update guide has been finished. After flashing LineageOS 15 on Vibe K5 Plus, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo will be successfully installed in your Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus after a while. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM patch else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. If you felt any difficulty while installing LineageOS on your device, let me know.