Lenovo K6 Power Oreo update can easily be done by manually flashing LineageOS 15 custom ROM. It’s an unofficial build, developed and released by XDA members, and may contain minor bugs for daily usage. So it’s up to you whether to stay in stock ROM or update Lenovo K6 Power (codenamed as Karate) to Android Oreo 8 by installing LineageOS 15.
LineageOS 15 can be installed on Lenovo K6 Power. For this, your device’s bootloader must be unlocked (if it’s there) and a custom recovery should be installed. You can flash SuperSU or compatible Magisk utility to root the device after flashing the LineageOS 15 ROM. The aforementioned steps are comparatively easy to perform. However, necessary precautions have to be taken.
As per the developer’s note, most of the essential features are working perfectly; like RIL (call, SMS, mobile data), WiFi, camera, Video/audio playback, sensors, GPS etc. However, the VoLTE feature has not been implemented yet. There’s some incompatibility with the LED blink feature too. It gets fixed through the future updates.
Lenovo K6 Power Oreo Update: Pre-requisites
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So back up your files safe. A NANDROID backup is recommended.
- This particular ROM is incompatible with other K6 variants, like K6 Note. Don’t try this on it.
- Your Lenovo K6 Power must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like LineageOS.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
Download LineageOS 15 & Oreo Google Apps for Lenovo K6/Power[sociallocker id=71224] LineageOS 15 Oreo GApps [/sociallocker]
How to Update Lenovo K6 Power to Android 8 Oreo
- Download both LineageOS 15 (lineage-15.0-xxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-karate.zip) and corresponding Oreo GApps from the above download section and copy to the internal storage of your K6.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. For this, power off your phone and press and hold Vol – key and Power button simultaneously till the device vibrates and boot to recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik, and System from the recovery. Optional: Format data to remove encryption support.
- Reboot into recovery again.
- Now choose the copied LineageOS ROM and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
After flashing Oreo-based LineageOS 15 ROM on Lenovo K6/Power, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
Lenovo K6 Power Oreo update guide via LineageOS 15 ROM has been finished. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. Let us know if you had any difficulties while downloading the files or flashing the ROM on your device.