Followed by Lenovo K6 Power, K6 Note also received official Nougat update (Lenovo K6 Note Nougat Update) via OTA. However, many of the users reported that they haven’t received the official Nougat update on their Lenovo K6 Note even after the widespread rollout. I had published an article on how to manually update Lenovo K6 Power to Nougat and from there, you could check the comment section for more clarification.
I have been getting several mails a day regarding Lenovo K6 Note Nougat update release date and download links along with an explanatory tutorial. Well, I got something really good for you. Now you could easily update your Lenovo K6 Note (K53A48) to the official Nougat firmware. There’s a catch anyway. This is a TWRP flashable stock ROM, which means you need the custom recovery to install it on your phone.
Update: Lenovo K6 Note Official Stock OTA Firmware has been released (16/07/2017)
I have updated this post with the newly released stock OTA Nougat firmware for Lenovo K6 Note (K53a48_S123) so that you could directly flash it over stock recovery without root. Just follow the below instructions and choose the OTA stock ROM on stock recovery instead of the custom ROM on TWRP.
I have searched a lot to find a signed ROM or fastboot image so that you could flash it without having root access. But unfortunately, as of now, I really couldn’t find one. But worry not! This TWRP flashable official Nougat ROM for Lenovo K6 Note contains exactly the same contents on the original OTA firmware, plus few additional features. So I suggest you download and install to avail Lenovo K6 Note Nougat update.
Moreover, this is a deodexed ROM which significantly reduces the bloatware and other battery hogging applications. If you have set your mind to manually flash official OTA ROM on your Lenovo K6 Note, let’s begin the process.
Lenovo K6 Note Nougat Update: Pre-requisites
- Make sure you got a device with root access and TWRP recovery installed. If not, follow this guide.
- Make a complete NANDROID backup on TWRP before flashing this ROM. If anything goes wrong, we could easily revert back to previous working condition with the help of this backup.
- Charge your device to sufficient level to avoid unnecessary power failure.
- If possible, backup your media & document files to the PC as it’s not included in the TWRP backup.
Download Lenovo K6 Note Nougat Update Official OTA Firmware
Lenovo K6 Note Nougat Update: Procedure
- Download the official OTA Nougat firmware for Lenovo K6 Note from the above download section and copy to your phone’s internal storage.
- Make sure it’s not copied inside any folders.
- Now reboot your device into TWRP recovery. For this, power off the device and use the multi-key combinations.
- Once it’s booted into the recovery, create a NANDROID backup by tapping the Backup option.
- Then wipe System, Data, Dalvik & Cache (Under Wipe>Advanced).
- Now get back to the main screen and choose Install. Now load the copied Nougat ROM from the storage.
- On the next screen, swipe right to proceed with the installation.
- If that went without any error, reboot the system.
- The first boot after flashing official Nougat ROM on Lenovo K6 Note will take some time (Approx. 20 minutes). Let the phone sit idle then.
The ROM will be installed after a while. Once it finishes the installation, your Lenovo K6 Note will be updated to the official Nougat 7 Android version. You could check the version under Settings>About Phone section.
Now copy back the backed up files, if lost anything. Now you have successfully completed the Lenovo K6 Note Nougat update with the help of a TWRP flashable ROM.
If you have any further queries regarding the update process or the overall Lenovo K6 Note Nougat update installation, drop a comment. I will get back to you as quickly as possible.