If you’re an android addict, I’m pretty sure that you can’t imagine a phone without custom recoveries. When it comes to android custom recoveries, ClockWorkMod aka CWM must be your prior choice. What’s more surprising is the newly launched android Nokia phone, Nokia X has got unofficial CWM port byXDA senior developer dhacker29. The CWM port for Nokia X is in beta stage and which means it has got some bugs as well.
The CWM for Nokia X has been ported from CyanogenMod builds and we can expect some CM ports for Nokia X hopefully. However, as Nokia X is being a legacy android device, many developments have been already started for it. So after installing CWM recovery on your Nokia X, you can flash custom ROMs, scripts, software packages, kernels etc.
- Make sure that you have already installed necessary drivers in your Windows PC. Fast boot drivers and USB drivers are necessary to complete this installation. If you don’t have fast boot drivers, download it from here [Link].
- Though this procedure does not hamper your files, backup your important data as a precaution.
- Follow the below procedure under your own risk and me or TechBii will not be held responsible for any damage that might occur to your device.
How to Install CWM in Nokia X
- Download Nokia X CWM recovery from here [Link].
- Now extract the fast boot folder anywhere on your computer and move the downloaded CWM image to the extracted folder.
- Connect your Nokia X to the computer.
- Now open a command prompt in the fast boot folder where you have copied the CWM image. If you are using Windows XP or older versions, you may need to install this tool and open command prompt by right clicking on the fast boot folder.
- Execute the following lines of commands each in command prompt. Replace “nameoftherecovery” in second step with the image name [name bofore .img extension]
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot -i 0×0421 flash recovery nameoftherecovery.img
If all drivers are properly installed, the command will work fine and the CWM recovery will be sent to the system. Unplug your phone after seeing successful message and reboot to recovery to check if the ClockWorkMod recovery has been successfully installed.
In case the command shows error like “waiting fro device”, it means that the adb drivers are not installed properly. Install those again. You can either install universal adb drivers by Koush [here] or combined adb and fast boot driver package [here] and try again.
So you have installed unofficial CWM recovery on your Nokia X. Get ready to tweak your device to the maximum using CWM. Let us know if you have felt any difficulty while following this tutorial. We will try our best to resolve your doubt regarding installing CWM on Nokia X.
Article and image credit : xda thread