Followed by the Honor 6X, Huawei P9 receives official Nougat based update in India. Huawei P9 Nougat update can be manually done by flashing the Indian firmware (B320) on the device. As this is an official update, the device’s warranty will not tamper. Your files won’t be erased either. But as a precaution, it’s advised to perform a full backup prior performing any developmental activities on your phone.
Huawei P9 was released in April 2016, which sports a 5.2″ full HD display, 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, and an average 3000 mAh battery. It boasts 12/8 MP shooters and runs on an Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU having HiSilicon Kirin 955 chipset. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow pre-installed.
You May Also Like:
Huawei (and Honor series) smartphones run on their proprietary skin, EMUI, and this latest firmware update lets you upgrade the system to EVA-L09C675B320 version. This update upgrades the Android version from Marshmallow to Nougat. The official changelogs can be obtained from the Honor portal. Let me know whether you need it here.
As the official Indian firmware for Huawei P9 is already released, it’s a great idea to upgrade the software version through this. In case if you have already received the Over-the-Air update notification, you can safely upgrade the firmware without manually installing the official ROM. However, if you’re quite surprised to get the Nougat touch on your Huawei P9, follow this guide.
Huawei P9 Nougat Update: Download Official Stock Firmware [India]Update File Data File
Huawei P9 Nougat Update: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download and place both Updater file and Data file on your computer.
- On your device, open the file manager and create a new folder and name it as “dload“. The folder name is case-sensitive though.
- Now extract the Updater ZIP file and copy the Update.App file (can be found inside the ZIP) to the dload folder via USB cable.
- Once you copy the file, we need to evoke the hidden software upgrade option on the phone. For this, dial *#*#2846579#*#* .
- You will get into the Project Menu on the next screen. From there, choose the Software Upgrade option.
- If the Update app is placed correctly, it will automatically detect the file. Else check the folder and directory where you copied the Update.app file.
- If the update process went successfully, reboot the device.
- After booting up, extract the data file (update_data_full_EVA-L09_channel_in.zip) and copy everything to the dload folder.
- It will ask you replace the update.app file. Click Replace. This will copy the new update file to the folder. [Do not keep both files].
- Now repeat the step from 4-7 to successfully upgrade your Huawei P9 to Nougat B320 Indian firmware.
Make sure to copy entire files from the extracted folder to the dload folder. It contains all essential update settings and data. In case if anything goes wrong, repeat the whole procedure from step 1.
Huawei P9 Nougat update guide has been completed. If you feel difficulties while downloading B320 Indian firmware for Huawei P9 or with the manual update procedure, let me know via the comments.