‘An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.’
– Benjamin Franklin
Visit the App Store and Play Store and search for ‘educational app’. Yes, you will be presented with a plethora of educational apps to choose from. And it is confusing for anyone to choose the right app. E-learning apps are sprouting each day and there’s no denying the class of these apps is degrading from bad to worst. There are many in business but picking the right Web Development Company with prior experience in delivering a really good educational app is necessary. Proper background research of the same is required for careful consideration.
Benjamin Franklin, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States and British-American Polymath, rightly said that “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest’’, technology is the fast lane to marketing ROI.
Creating an e-learning app is a strenuous job; should be full of quality content. And that’s where most of today’s e-learning apps are failing to fulfill. Irrelevant ads and contents, and complicated features, that’s how most of the apps are getting developed.
The vastness of the e-learning app world:
The e-learning apps across the world are expected to exceed 243 billion U.S dollars by 2022 as per Statista’s record. On Google Play, there are approximately 308,438 apps while 600K to-date – 275210 on App Store. The educational software is divided into five distinct categories; Curriculum Products, Teacher Needs, School Operations, Post- Secondary and everything else. Online education is no more a fashionable trend in 2020. The ‘new normal’ society has made online education a mandate to continue with the daily routines. Followed by the pandemic, web developers have realized the vastness of this field and all the opportunities it brings forth. Any reputed web development company, considering the present scenario is focusing on exploring the unexplored parts of this sector and the prospects this sector is capable of garnering.
Features an E-Leaning App must have:
Once you have decided the type of educational app you would want to develop, the immediate step is to think of its features.
- User Profile: every user of the app must have their individual profile, storing information of him. A simple registration form should be developed so that every user finds it easy to register without the stress of giving out too much information at a go.
- Learning Materials: the app should contain quality content; the very basic criteria of any educational app. It should have a pool of audio and video materials to explain lessons and exercises. Without interactive sessions and exercises, the quality of the app goes down anyway. So that’s a must!
- Social Media Integration: an e-learning app without social media integration in today’s time fails to comply as a good app. Social media features must be integrated for students’ success.
- Lesson Categorization: the app should be categorized and learners must be able to reach their required search through easy navigation. Too much information clouding the relevant search page makes it difficult for the user to concentrate.
- Push Notifications: any modern mobile apps should be enabled with the push notification feature. This features increases user engagement and that’s how any user is reminded of visiting the app several times during the day. New features are also floated to the users through the system.
- Scheduling System: a systematic approach is a need in any e-learning apps. Therefore, it is advisable for developers to integrate this system when developing an e-learning app. This breaks the monotony and allows the user to plan to learn according to his availability.
- Feedback: reviews are important. Both negative and positive feedback is a great way to improve the nature of the app in accordance with the user’s need.
- Search System: this feature allows the users easily navigate and search relevant and desired matters easily without putting in extra effort. The faster the search results; the higher the chances of it thriving.
- User Interaction: the app should be developed keeping prospects in mind. When the app is getting noticed, it should have the ability to connect with others. Users should be able to communicate and share their experiences cross-platform.
- Statistics Metric: users should be able to track their success over time and special rewards or points should be offered for dynamic progress.
- Material Downloads: any educational app should come with the download option. Users should be able to download study materials and this requisite makes them come back every time.
- Offline Mode: the offline mode of learning is an important feature of any e-learning app. This feature allows the user to study without going online or multiple logins. It is not only time saving but also user-friendly.
Steps to building an Educational App:
- Educational App Idea: the basic of developing any app, is to formulate an idea. A quality e-app that is unique and original should be the motive behind developing it.
- Market Research: once you formulate an idea, the next step is to do comprehensive market research. Thorough research will help you spot your competitors and what competitors are offering.
- Testing Ideas: test tour ideas among your representatives. Ask your audience whether or not they like the app, do they find it useful, and do ask for advice and suggestions.
- Hire Educational App Developers: it is crucial to seek the help of a really good web development company that has the experience and has delivered successful educational apps prior to this. There is a prototyping, UI/UX designing, coding, testing, and release assistance that is required for developing any app. Hence it’s always advisable to reach a web development company or a professional e-learning app developer for the task.
- MVP: creating an MVP is the last step of developing a quality e-learning app. Build an MVP and you’re started.
The next-generation technologies in e-learning apps should implement features that take the sector to another level. Integrating Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VI), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Chatbots, and Streaming are the next-generation technologies that this sector has not yet completely explored. We should aim to build an e-learning app that is enjoyable, user-friendly, and multi-tasking.
Gloria is a professional writer and content editor for Webvio Technologies Private Limited. She loves to write about technology and digital marketing pieces of stuff. Along with that, she also loves to research many technological things.