Last Updated on August 21, 2020
There might be a situation when you can inadvertently end up breaching your residential lease agreement and end up in an unfavorable position.
Upon violation of the same, you may end up having to pay a hefty fine, hurt your credit score, or even get sued. This will make it very difficult for you to rent your next apartment.
If you are on the lookout for proper documentation, check out CocoSign. CocoSign offers sample agreements for your reference, thus providing you with necessary and easy documentation.
A highly trustworthy organization, CocoSign, is going to ensure that there are no loopholes and give you a smooth experience.
This brand has an enormous reach in the market and happens to be recognized and associated with brands like iGeeksBlog, Top 10 Reviews, LifeHacker, Forbes, New York Times, and so forth.
How to manage rental issues without breaching your lease agreement constructively?
There are many situations that are easily avoidable with proper correspondence that can quickly get you evicted if you choose to act differently.
Proper communication is the key to everything. It is essential to be in constant communication with your landlord rather than acting viciously.
Learn more about ways to manage your way through without breaching your lease agreement.
- Always read the contract thoroughly and ask as many questions as you wish. It is better to be precise than not understanding what you are opting for. Ensure that you read every jotted clause with careful intervention.
- Abide by the rules of the property. For example, if a clause states that you are not allowed to have pets or long term guests, you should follow it thoroughly.
- Always pay your rent on time. This is one of the most essential aspects of avoiding a breach of your agreement. Paying your rent on time is still going to put you on the landlord’s good books.
- Try to take care of the property as much as you can. When you get a property on rental lease, it potentially belongs to your predicament for the time being. Hence it is imperative for you to use the premises wisely and take the utmost care.
What is a Breach of Contract?
A breach of contract takes place when one or more parties under a contract do not abide by the agreement. It occurs when either party fails to tether to their delegated obligations.
Violation or breach of a residential contract can often occur due to the tenants’ ignorance or inability to understand the agreement.
For example, if you have leased a house in high need of electrical repairs, the first step is to inform your landlord and request assistance. In case your landlord ignores the notice and does not provide any support, withholding the rent until he fixes the problem is likely going to violate the clause.
Under such a situation, it is best not to give your landlord any excuses to evict you.
How do tenants usually violate their lease contracts?
Violating your lease agreement can land you in some serious trouble if you are not careful.
Some of the common violations include:
- Keeping pets in a property where pets are not allowed.
- Smoking within smoke-free premises.
- Using a residential property commercially.
- Hosting “long term guests” in the house.
- Not paying your rent on time.
- Property damage.
It is duly to be noted that these are considered violations only if the contract says so.
For example, if you run a daycare in the property without informing the landlord, and a child gets injured by accident, you will be liable to get sued or pay for damages.
What happens if you end up breaching your lease?
In case you end up violating your lease contract, you will be given a Lease Violation Notice. This document offers courses to remedy the situation while stating the clause of the breach.
For example, if you had a dog on a ‘no pets allowed’ property, you would likely receive this notice. If the property requires a pet fee that you have not been paying in an alternation situation, you are liable to receive the same document again.
Rental leases are very common in today’s date, but given the current situation, the documentation of the same can be a tormenting process. But, with CocoSign by your side, you will not have to worry about a thing.
Have the smoothest experience with rental lease agreements as CocoSign offers a template for every possible industry that exists. It is one of the most preferred brands available in the market with more than a whopping 80 templates under its banner that are absolutely free.
This platform has a fantastic user interface that offers simple steps and procedures.
Experience smooth legal activities with CocoSign by your side. All you need to go is come forward and be a part of it.