Apple has recently announced a software update on IOS 14 for its iPhone users. It will be available for older iPhone users to a more recent generation iPhone.
The fresh features will offer larger home screens, privacy, iMessage, and much more. However, most IOS business tools will be affected; and this will significantly affect how advertisers target their prospective audience using IOS devices.
The social media marketing agencies in Dubai and in the region, have started preparing for these changes to ensure successful Facebook campaigns for IOS 14 users. This article shall help you understand how the Apple IOS 14 update will affect your Facebook Ads and prepare for the changes accordingly.
How Will Apple IOS 14 Update Affect Facebook Ads?
Unfortunately, advertisers will be the most affected by these changes. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- IOS 14 Users may have the option to disable tracking on their devices through a pop-up message. Through this option, purchases, add to cart, or conversions may be under-reported.
- Potential customers who visit your website from an IOS 14 device may not have the option to view your retargeted ad.
- Smaller audience size will be expected, mainly because there is no lookalike audience and data from those who viewed your site.
- Data will be delayed for up to 3 days.
- Conversion window changes will only attribute to 1-day click, 1-day click and 1-day view, 7-day click, and 1-day view.
- Facebook will report estimated results through statistical modeling.
- Facebook will be unable to get the most out of APP related conversions for IOS devices.
- Facebook ads will not be fully optimized due to pixel action changes.
- Expect delivery and action breakdowns such as age, gender, region, and placement.
What Can be Done to Prepare for the Update?
Facebook suggests various ways to prepare for the update changes to continue with successful ad campaigns. These preparation methods include:
- Verify your websites’ domain- This method alerts Facebook that your domain is linked to your business manager and prevents your sites’ campaign interference.
- Update to Facebooks’ SDK for IOS 14 version 8.1- This process will help to personalize the ads to continue receiving conversions from IOS 14 devices.
- Try sending prospective clients an E-mail for your ads- This is a preferred option for advertisers who don’t want to rely on pixel optimization for targeting a lookalike audience.
- Set up conversion API.
- Turn-on auto advanced matching with the help of ads manager.
- If you have more than eight conversion events, choose which will apply best for you to use.
Facebook is still the best and most embraced online platform to find new customers. With the unexpected changes in the software updates, many advertisers will be affected. There exist many unknowns, and it’s not sure how optimization will be affected.
However, there is no need to panic. There is still a chance to get the most out of your Facebook ads through the lead generation ads when this update is implemented.