If there is one thing that all businesses need to consider carefully is their content operations. It does not matter whether you run a clothing store, financial consultancy firm, or you sell parts of motorbikes, you need to have a content management strategy that enables your business to reach more people online. This content workflow optimization white paper is filled with plenty of great pieces of advice to help you with this.
One way you can boost your content operations is with a Digital Asset Manager (DAM). A Digital Asset Manager will get more and more valuable as time goes on and you have more digital files and media in your hands, from photos and videos to e-books and icons. With that in mind, it makes sense to use a DAM so that you can boost marketing coordination and collaboration across your business.
With that being said, we are going to take a look at some of the different things that you can do with a DAM, so you can see how this can boost your content operations. So, what exactly are you going to be able to do with a DAM?
- Unite your complete organization for storytelling that is sustainable while also trusting that your brand story is going to be relayed in a consistent manner and shared with ease.
- Make sure that your branding is up-to-date and consistent as your content marketing program grows and develops.
- Be sure that accurate versions of your assets are in circulation by reviewing the timestamps.
- Repurposing and remixing assets on demand, as opposed to repurchasing them or recreating them, can cost a lot of time and money.
- By tagging your assets, you can reduce the amount of time that you spend on duplicating your efforts and searching for files. Instead, tags enable you to find files with ease at a later date.
- Leverage an in-built workflow for reviewing and approving assets prior to them entering the library.
- Ensure that there is access across your enterprise to your full catalog across programs.
- Manage assets in line with your content distribution and creation processes.
- Have a source of truth that is authoritative and singular when it comes to all of your assets for digital marketing.
- Store and upload multimedia files that could be scattered across the centralized repository in your organization at the moment.
As you can see, there are so many different ways that a DAM can add value to your content operations.
So there you have it: clear insight into some of the different ways that you can boost your content operations by making the most of a DAM. A lot of businesses today do not use a Digital Asset Manager, which means they have no organization or accountability when it comes to their digital media files, making their campaigns incredibly difficult to manage. When you consider all of the benefits and uses of DAM above, it is not difficult to see why this is something you should consider in your business.