Honor 6X Nougat update can be manually done by flashing the Indian firmware (B350) on the device. As this is an official update, the device’s warranty will not tamper. Your files won’t be erased either. But as a precaution, it’s advised to perform a full backup prior performing any developmental activities on your phone. I had already covered the Nougat update guide for the B350 variant a few weeks back. Here’s the guide.
Huawei Honor 6X was released in October 2016, which sports an impressive 5.5″ full HD display, 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, and an average 3340mAh battery. It boasts 12/8 MP stunning shooters and runs on an Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU having HiSilicon Kirin 655 chipset. The honor 6X comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow pre-installed.
Honor smartphones run on their proprietary skin, EMUI, and this latest firmware update lets you upgrade the system to BLN-L22C675B350CUSTC675D002 version. The official changelogs can be obtained from the Honor portal. Let me know whether you need it here. This update comes with a VoLTE patch which fixes the issue with Voice over LTE feature.
As the official Indian firmware is already released, it’s a great idea to upgrade the software version through this Honor 6X Nougat B350 BLN-L22 update. In case if you have already received the Over-the-Air update notification, you can safely upgrade the firmware without manually installing the official ROM. However, if you’re quite surprised to get the Nougat touch on your Honor 6X, follow this guide.
Honor 6X Nougat Update: Download Official Stock Firmware [India]Update File Data File
Honor 6X Nougat Update Procedure: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download and place both Updater file and Data file on your computer.
- On your Honor device, open the file manager and create a new folder and name it as “dload“. The folder name is case-sensitive though.
- Now extract the Updater ZIP file and copy the Update.App file (can be found inside the ZIP) to the dload folder via USB cable.
- Once you copy the file, we need to evoke the hidden software upgrade option on the phone. For this, dial *#*#2846579#*#*
- You will get into the Project Menu on the next screen. From there, choose the Software Upgrade option.
- If the Update app is placed correctly, it will automatically detect the file. Else check the folder and directory where you copied the Update.app file.
- If the update process went successfully, reboot the device.
- After booting up, extract the data file (update_data_full_BLN-L22_channel_in.zip) and copy everything to the dload folder.
- It will ask you replace the update.app file. Click Replace. This will copy the new update file to the folder. [Do not keep both files].
- Now repeat the step from 4-7 to successfully upgrade your Honor 6X to Nougat B350 Indian firmware.
Make sure that you copy the entire files from the extracted folder to the dload folder. It contains all essential update settings and data. In case if anything goes wrong, repeat the whole procedure from step 1.
Honor 6X Nougat update guide has been completed. If you feel difficulties while downloading B350 Indian firmware for Honor 6X or with the manual update procedure, let me know via the comments.