GravityBox v7.0.0 has been released for Nougat based ROMs and the developer has confirmed its compatibility on an AOSP based custom ROM. GravityBox is a renowned Xposed module, which lets you customize your rooted Android phone to a great extent. Previously, this module was incompatible with Android 7.x and users with the Nougat firmware couldn’t install it on their devices.
However, a possible fix has come to the rescue. Please keep in mind that this particular GravityBox version is tested on an unofficial build of Xposed Framework, and hence, chances of a few bugs are still there. GravityBox now works on any Android device running on Nougat or below versions. But it’s most likely to work well with Vanilla flavoured custom ROMs (like AOSP).
GravityBox for Nougat: Features
- Lockscreen tweaks
- QuickSettings tile management with additional tiles
- Status bar tweaks
- Navigation bar tweaks
- Pie controls
- Power tweaks
- Display tweaks
- Phone tweaks
- Media tweaks
- Hardware/navigation key actions
- GravityBox Actions – interface for 3rd party apps
- Notification control (per-app notification LED/sounds/vibrations)
- Fingerprint launcher (not available in alpha)
Source: Official XDA Thread
How to Install GravityBox on Nougat ROMs
- First of all, install the Xposed Framework on your Android phone. I have covered the tutorial here: Xposed for Nougat ROMs: Download Flashable ZIP [Updated]
- Now download GravityBox v7.0.0 for Nougat from here and copy it on your device.
- Now install the file and reboot the system.
If your device runs on MIUI skin, I personally suggest you don’t install GravityBox on it. MIUI is a heavily customized proprietary skin and the developer suggests you install it on minimalistic ROMs like LineageOS or AOSPs.
Read: How to Install Official Xposed Framework on Redmi Note 4
This particular build of GravityBox has been already tested on Nexus 5 (running on various AOSP & AOSPA ROMs) and OnePlus 3T running on OxygenOS. In case if you’ve further queries regarding how to install GravityBox Xposed Module on Nougat ROMs, use the comment form.