Samsung has rolled out the Nougat 7 update for Galaxy J7 Prime (G610FDDU1BQH5), which brings the latest Android flavour and new feature additions. Its former variant, Galaxy J7 has also started receiving the Nougat OTA update lately. The update is most likely to be hit over OTA and in case you didn’t get the update prompt Over The Air, here’s how you can manually flash the official Nougat firmware on Galaxy J7 Prime using Odin.
Odin is the (un)official software to flash the stock firmware on Samsung devices and we have covered lots of update guides which use the tool. One of the biggest tasks while updating firmware with Odin is getting detected by the tool itself. For this, you might have to install the Samsung USB drivers along with Kies application.
You May Also Like:
Before upgrading the firmware manually, I suggest you check your phone for official OTA notification for the Nougat update. If that’s there, simply download and apply the update. Otherwise, follow this guide. Firmware updates are prone to erase the data on your device. So it’s strongly advised to make a complete backup of your phone.
Galaxy J7 Prime Nougat Update: Requirements
- The following guide is for Galaxy J7 Prime version only. So make sure you’ve got the right device.
- In order to proceed with the Odin installation, your PC needs Samsung USB drivers. Get USB drivers from below.
- Make sure your phone is charged at least 50% to avoid power failure during the manual update process.
- Enable USB debugging on your device from Developer Options.
Special Note: All Samsung J7 prime firmware downloads are provided by Sammobile and we’re not responsible any damage that could happen by flashing that firmware. This method is applicable for both rooted and non-rooted phones. However, your Galaxy J7 prime will be reset to stock after flashing this firmware, the root will be lost.
Download Galaxy J7 Prime Nougat Firmware & DriversNougat Firmware - Coming soon USB Drivers Odin Tool
How to Update Galaxy J7 Prime to Nougat Firmware
- Download the firmware from the above link.
- After downloading the archive, extract it to a folder.
- Download Odin tool and extract it to a folder on your computer.
- Boot your Galaxy J7 Prime to download mode. For this, first, switch off your phone and press and hold Vol – button, Power button and Home button simultaneously till you get a warning screen. From there, press Vol + to enter into download mode.
- Now launch Odin tool and connect your device to the computer being in the download mode.
- Wait for Odin to detect your phone. It’s quite normal that the phone may not be detected for the first time in Odin. For this, reinstall USB drivers and update missing drivers from Device Manager.
- From Odin click on the AP option and load the G610FDDU1BQH9 firmware file. Leave the Re-Partition and Auto Reboot Options unchecked.
- Once the firmware is loaded, click the START button to begin the manual firmware flash. If everything goes right, you’ll get PASS alert. The phone will be rebooted and from there, you can detach the phone from the computer and start using it.
I will be adding the firmware link as soon as Sammobile publish it publically. Meanwhile, make a backup of your files and follow the pre-requisites.