Galaxy J5 2016 Nougat Update: Here’s the quick guide to update Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510FN ) to the Nougat firmware. Galaxy J5 comes with Android Marshmallow pre-installed and the Nougat firmware can be flashed now with the help of Odin flash tool. This tutorial is meant for the SM-J510FN version and you may not try on similar variants. You can check the device model number under About Phone section.
Galaxy J5 2016 Nougat review has been almost on the positive side as it doesn’t have any bugs reported. J5 2016 Nougat features include improved security via latest security patch, perks of latest Android version and some under the hood improvements.
The device was released in April 2016, which sports a 5.2″ HD display, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and an average 3100 mAh battery. It boasts 13/5 MP shooters and runs on a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU having Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 chipset.
You May Also Like:
Odin is the (un)official software to flash the stock firmware on Samsung devices and we have covered lots of update guides which use the tool. One of the biggest task while updating firmware with Odin is getting detected by the tool itself. For this, you might have to install the Samsung USB drivers along with Kies application.
Samsung J5 2016 Update 7.0 Download: Requirements
- The following guide is for Galaxy J5 only. So make sure you’ve got the right device.
- In order to proceed with the Odin installation, your PC needs Samsung USB drivers. Get USB drivers from below.
- Make sure your phone is charged at least 50% to avoid power failure during manual update process
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy J5 from Developer Options
- Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 Nougat update in India is made possible by flashing an external firmware, provided by Sammobile.
Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 Nougat Update Download[sociallocker id=71224] USB Drivers Odin Nougat Firmware [/sociallocker]
How to Update Galaxy J5 2016 to Nougat 7 Firmware
- Download the firmware from the above links.
- After downloading the archive, extract it to a folder.
- Download Odin tool and extract it to a folder on your computer.
- Boot your Galaxy J5 to download mode. For this, first, switch off your phone and press and hold Vol – button, Power button and Home button simultaneously till you get a warning screen. From there, press Vol + to enter into download mode.
- Now launch Odin tool and connect your device to the computer being in the download mode.
- Wait for Odin to detect your phone. It’s quite normal that the phone may not be detected for the first time in Odin. For this, reinstall USB drivers and update missing drivers from Device Manager.
- From Odin click on the AP option and load the firmware file. Leave the Re-Partition and Auto Reboot Options unchecked.
- Once the firmware is loaded, click the START button to begin the manual firmware flash. If everything goes right, you’ll get PASS alert. The phone will be rebooted and from there, you can detach the phone from the computer and start using it.
If the Odin flash tool is not detecting your device, you might have to re-install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC. You can also use the PDA Net mobile application to auto-install the drivers.
Through this tutorial, you don’t have to wait for Galaxy J5 2016 Nougat update release date as it can be flashed manually. It’s an official firmware and the device’s warranty will not be broken by flashing through Odin tool.
Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 Nougat update guide has been finished. If you’ve queries related to this article, let me know via comments.