Social Media is one of the most influential communication platforms worldwide. Everyone uses social media daily. It is no surprise that many businesses use these platforms to introduce their products and services to the world.
In the digital marketing arena, companies use paid advertising on social media platforms, like Facebook and Instagram, to further boost their advertisement and reach more people. However, running ads on both platforms might be a little steep for companies with a strict budget. Many companies have to compare Facebook vs. Instagram Ads.
As such, this article will help you understand the difference between Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads, their benefits, and what you should be using for your company.
When choosing between Facebook vs. Instagram Ads, a lot of marketers choose the former. Everyone probably knows Facebook. It is considered one of the top popular marketing platforms, with more than 2.7 billion active users worldwide. Running advertisements on Facebook is undeniably great, and it can indeed generate conversions and leads.
However, running an ad on Facebook comes with a lot of complexity. To give you an idea, the Facebook advertising model functions on the pay-per-click (PPC) model, one of the most effective advertising systems on the internet. It is affordable, fast, and scalable. Basically, your Facebook ad will appear in your target audiences’ feed and only charges you when users click on your ads.
Moreover, here are some benefits of Facebook advertising and how it can power your business:
1. Micro-target your exact audiences – Facebook allows specific and precise targeted ads in their platform. You can micro-target your audiences based on their demographics, whichever is perfect for your business.
2. Retargeting Ads – Facebook ads offer an option to retarget users who have previously interacted with your brands. The platform uses the “Audience Insights” to identify those who interacted with your brand and continue to show them your promotion.
3. Highest Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) – According to Statista, 41% of advertisers claimed that Facebook provides the best ROAS on the most popular social media sites.
4. Various Ad Types for your Business – One advantage of FB ads is that it offers a wide range of ad types not available on other platforms. Facebook offers ad types such as photos, Videos, Stories, Carousel, Slideshows, Playables, Collections, and many more.
5. Affordable and Low cost – Like other PPC advertising, the price of Facebook ads is determined by factors such as your budget, ad types, and industry. Generally, you decide what you expect to see based on your budget and ads. In addition, the ads are typically low-cost.
6. Instant and fast results – Once ads are set up on Facebook’s ad manager, Facebook will immediately review them. Ads are typically approved within 24 hours. Once accepted, the ads will immediately start working and begin showing to your targets. A lot of businesses start getting sales within a couple of days after setting up an ad.
7. Access to robust data – Facebook’s Ad Manager provides great performance insights and aggregated data that can be measured through their ad tools. It can help you understand the effectiveness of your ads and which ads need fine-tuning.
In some businesses, Facebook Ads do not resonate well with their branding. Thus, a lot of companies choose Instagram vs Facebook ads. Like Facebook, Instagram has over 1 billion monthly active users that can help you influence a broader audience. The platform also provides a different avenue to share your products like feed, explore tab, stories, and even live video – IGTV.
If these potentials of Instagram alone don’t convince you, here are some other great reasons why you should start using Instagram advertising.
1. Enhanced Targeting – Like Facebook, one of the most tremendous benefits of Instagram Ads is that it allows you to target your audience. Its Ad Manager also lets you select your audience by location, demographics, behaviors, interests, and more.
2. Track Campaign Success – Instagram Ads also provide real-time insight. Once you set up an ad, you gain access to the analytics of your campaign. It can help you analyze and identify which ads work best or which one gets the most engagement. In addition, analytics will also tell you how many conversions led into sales and leads and how much you spent on your campaign.
3. Cost-effective Advertising – One of the most incredible benefits of running Instagram Advertising is that you are not limited when it comes to budget. You do not need thousands of dollars to run an efficient campaign. You can pay the minimum and still reach a wider audience. Like Facebook, Instagram also uses the PPC model, which will only charge you when your ads are clicked
4. Continuously updating platforms – Stay ahead of the curve as Instagram continuously updates their platform to keep with the changing needs of the people. There are features like IGTV, enhancing targeting, and more than other platforms do not offer.
5. Build Potential Customers with the Younger Generation – Unlike Facebook, active users on Instagram lean more on the younger generation. According to Statista, the primary audience of Instagram is 18 to 34, unlike Facebook, which is 25 to 34. If your product is predominantly for younger people, then Instagram is the perfect platform for you.
6. Build an Artisan and Creative Branding – The content on Instagram is more visually oriented than on Facebook. You need to create a compelling media set that can highlight or capture your brand while exciting people. So, if one of your objectives is to introduce your brand as something artistic and creative, then Instagram Ads will help.
When picking amongst Instagram vs. Facebook Ads, the cost of running ads heavily affects the deciding factors for many businesses. Since both platforms use the PPC model, their ads generally cost lower than average. In fact, on Facebook, the total average cost per click across all industries is $1.72, according to Wordstream data. On the other hand, companies pay an average of $.0.50 to $1 per click on Instagram.
Still, it is better to try it yourself and run several ads on these platforms to compare which one gives the better ROI.
Now that we discussed the advantages of using Facebook vs. Instagram ads, you can surely pick between these two platforms. Running ads on both platforms can surely provide you with the traffic and objectives you are aiming for. Instagram and Facebook help your business in a unique way that other advertising platforms do not.
Thus, if you really want to maximize these benefits, you do not need to choose between Instagram vs. Facebook. You can instead run ads on both social media platforms. Facebook has a broad audience, while Instagram provides better engagement with an audience with high purchase intent.
Aside from that, you can connect your Instagram account to your Facebook profile or page. As such, you can do all your budgeting, scheduling, and ad setting up on Facebook Business Manager.
However, if you are a business with a limited budget and can only choose one – go for the platform that resonates with your target audience. If your company reflects a community or family-oriented branding, then Facebook is your platform. You might want to look at this article for more Facebook marketing tips for advertising. On the other hand, Instagram can help those companies with artistry or visual-oriented branding.