Due to the increase in the number of online attacks, corruption, loss of data, it is always advisable to keep a copy of your contact book. Since the advent of the popularity of online storage spaces, iCloud, a product of Apple, has seen its name at the top in the priority list of users. It is popular among both Windows and Mac users for storing their data. Cloud storage space can be accessed from anywhere and anytime.
“I am using Mac Outlook for my office work but our organization has recently organized iCloud for office purposes. I want to migrate all of my contacts into this platform for easy access. I am not a technical genius so I don’t have much idea how to proceed with it. How can I Convert Mac Outlook contacts to iCloud?”
If you are also looking for similar solutions, then read this article till the end to get the best results for all your queries.
How to Export Mac Outlook contacts to iCloud?
The migration process may appear difficult to some because the file formats used by each application are different. Similarly, here, iCloud and Mac Outlook use distinct file types. The iCloud platform accepts the contacts in a vCard format whereas, Outlook for Mac produces an OLM file for the same. This OLM file is not recognized by iCloud since it is associated with Mac Outlook. The vCard file, on the other hand, is a virtual business card that has specified space for adding names, numbers, email IDs, photos, etc.
Therefore, you are now supposed to convert this OLM contact file into a vCard using a third-party tool since no well-known manual methods are available. The Mac OLM file converter comes to the rescue here which is developed for Mac OS users for converting all data items of the OLM file into more than ten formats including the one supported by iCloud. Here are some of the significant features of this utility:
- It can bulk export Mac Outlook contacts to iCloud
- Supports Outlook files of 2011, 2016, 2019, versions.
- Option to export selective data using the date filter option.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy the same as the original files.
- Exports all attributes and fields of the contacts.
- Generates resultant vCards of all versions: 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
- Option to apply the naming convention to save the files.
- Can create a single output file for all contacts.
- Produces an export report to show success & failure count.
Note: If you work on a Windows PC, then you must go for the tool to convert OLM files to PST developed for Windows OS.
Steps to Export Mac Outlook contacts to iCloud
Let us first see how to create vCard from OLM contacts you export from Outlook
- First, download and install the software on your device. Click on the option to add file(s) or folder.
- In the next screen, choose whether you would like to export all of the data. Then, choose the format (VCF).
- Now, apply advanced settings and provide a destination location to save the data.
- Lastly, click on the Export button to proceed.
After you have applied all of the above steps, you need to import the contacts into iCloud.
- Launch iCloud, enter your Apple ID & password.
- Navigate to the Contacts icon, and choose the settings button.
- Here, click the option to import a vCard file.
- Finally, browse the file you just created and import it in.
We discussed ways to migrate Mac Outlook contacts to an iCloud account on your Mac system. It is a tried and tested method that is guaranteed to give accurate results if followed perfectly. You can use its demo version which gives your the liberty to convert your first hundred emails and 25 other items. So, you must go for its demo version and export 25 contacts to iCloud.