This is one of the most asked queries nowadays: Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook. Users have been looking for solutions to this query since it is a challenging task to switch platforms and triggers major factors during the process. There is no doubt that Lotus Notes is one of the most secure email clients for large organizations.
Despite the features offered by Lotus Notes to the organizations that make it an amazing email client, users want to switch to Outlook. Well, here are some reasons why users may want to migrate:
- Having a complicated interface, Lotus Notes cannot be used by a non-tech user.
- The functionality to log in to different accounts simultaneously is not available. Users need to log in separately to every account which becomes more time-consuming.
Now, about the solutions to transfer emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook, we will be explaining two simple solutions. One of them is a direct method and the second one is divided into two sections. The first section explains the procedure to convert the emails to CSV format. The second section will explain the method to export the converted files to Outlook.
Let’s get going with the workarounds as discussed above.
Direct Approach to Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook
We are going to explain the working of this method here but before that, you need to download the NSF to PST Convert Tool to export the data as Outlook supported file. The software has the capability to convert all the data items such as emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, etc. to Outlook data files. After conversion, you can easily import the converted files in Microsoft Outlook without losing any data.
There are various features offered by the software such as filters to migrate data selectively and convert attachments along with the associated emails. You can apply date-filter, category-based filter, and folder-based filter to choose the data you want to migrate.
Let’s take a look at the working of this software to transfer emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook:
- Launch the tool on your desktop and click on the Add Files button to browse for the files you want to export.
- After that, mark the Mail checkbox and apply the filters as per requirement.
- You can choose the Apply Advance Options as well to make few changes.
- Set the size after which you want the file to split in the Split PST field and hit the Browse button to set a destination path for the end result.
- Finally, press the Export button to complete the procedure.
There are a lot of features that a user can take advantage of as explained in the next segment.
What Are the Advantages of Using the Software?
Below listed features are what make this tool the best option to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook:
- Offers an option to export selective data files using various filter options
- It allows users to convert even the encrypted data from Lotus Notes
- You can export emails with the attachments integrated into them
- Option to split Outlook PST file after a specific size
- The software is compatible with Windows OS 32-bit and 64-bit
- It is possible to export files from Lotus Notes 9.0, 8.0, and lower versions
- Need to install Outlook (32-bit) and Lotus Notes on your system
These are the basic functionalities offered by the software that allows users an easy and quick conversion method. Now, moving on to the manual procedure for the same task. As discussed above, the method is divided into two sections.
Section 1 – How to Transfer Emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook Via Conversion?
Following are the steps to convert the data to CSV file format to easily export the files in Outlook:
Note: It is recommended that you take a backup of your data before performing the task to avoid the risk of data loss during the process.
- Launch your Lotus Notes application and locate the File tab.
- Click on the Open option and choose HCL Notes application from there.
- An Open Application window will open up where you have to click on the Browse option.
- Choose the files and click on the Open button to add the files.
- Hit the File option and press the Export button.
- In the Export window, you have to add the Destination path, file name, and file type (CSV).
- After that, you have to hit Export to convert the emails.
- Lastly, choose All documents option and choose the Export character set, and hit OK.
Once you are done with the conversion process and have the CSV files, you need to export these files to your Outlook program.
Section 2 – Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook After Converting to CSV Format
Perform the following instructions to start the procedure:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and choose the File tab.
- Select the Open & Export option and choose Import/Export option.
- The Import and Export Wizard will open up from where you have to choose Import from another program or file option. Hit Next.
- Now, click on the Comma Separated Value option and press Next button.
- Then, hit the Browse button to add the CSV files.
- Choose the option as required for Duplicate items and hit Next.
- Set a destination location to save the file end result and click on the Next option.
- Hit Finish to complete the process to transfer emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
There are various solutions that users can go through but not every solution is as feasible as it may seem. You can use the manual method but there are a few limitations posed by it such as it can only import a single file at a time making it a lengthy and time-consuming method. This is why users are suggested to use an expert solution as discussed above. You can check out the software and the functions it offers to make the process to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook an easy task.