Yu Yureka now gets a VoLTE update through a custom ROM by which the users can enable VoLTE on their Yureka or Yureka Plus phone. After the introduction of Jio, one of the biggest concerns of users is whether their device support VoLTE to make calls over LTE. VoLTE provides HD call experience by utilizing data service’s broad spectrum.
Yu Yureka doesn’t officially support VoLTE but the latter released Yureka Plus seemed to have VoLTE feature implemented with the help of a new firmware. People who were craving to enable VoLTE on their Yureka phones even tried to extract the modem files from the new firmware to patch the VoLTE issue.
But the developers themselves warned the users from flashing extracted modem files over the former versions of Yureka as it may permanently damage their device. Apart from the official VoLTE patch, Yureka users seek the help of custom ROMs which support VoLTE feature. So by installing a VoLTE enabled custom ROM, you can enable VoLTE on Yu Yureka/Plus.
In this tutorial, I will guide you install a custom ROM, AOSP Paradox which supports VoLTE so that you can make calls over LTE without installing 3RDF party apps like Jio4GVoice.
Update1: The newer version of AOSPParadox is out and you can download it from below.
Update2: The official LineageOS 14.1 builds for Yureka is available. VoLTE can also be enabled on them as well.
Yureka VoLTE ROM – Disclaimer
This method involves enabling VoLTE on Yureka by flashing custom ROM, not with a VoLTE patch file. Yureka VoLTE ROM has been personally tested by me and found working. Do not try this ROM on any other phones except Yu Yureka or Yureka Plus.
Read : OnePlus 2 VoLTE Update
Yureka VoLTE Support: Requirements
- Your Yureka should be rooted with a custom recovery installed.
- Backup personal data such as call logs, messages, contacts etc.
- Download the necessary files including ROM and Gapps package.
Yu Yureka VoLTE Update: How to Enable VoLTE in Yureka/Plus
- Download AOSP Paradox ROM which supports VoLTE from above and suitable GApps from here. Make sure you choose arm64 / android 7.0 / nano while downloading Google apps.
- Copy both files to Yureka’s internal storage.
- Reboot phone to custom recovery.
- Wipe dalvik, cache partition, data and system.
- Choose the AOSP Paradox ROM and flash.
- Flash the GApps over it and wipe dalvik, cache again. If you need root, flash SuperSU after installing GApps.
- Reboot the system
- From Network Settings, enable Voice over LTE option to avail VoLTE feature in Yureka.
Read: Bypass Jio 1GB Limit
Instead of searching Yureka/Plus VoLTE patch download option, I advise you install this custom ROM to enable VoLTE in Yureka and Yureka Plus. Though Yureka doesn’t officially support VoLTE as of now, you can enable VoLTE feature by flashing AOSP Paradox custom ROM.
Source & Credits : http://forums.yuplaygod.com/members/h2o64.108558/