In order to secure your valuable data on your phone from outside world, you should ensure proper security measures. Today, almost all Android devices are equipped with many security locks like password, fingerprint, pattern etc. Additional abilities will always bring an ultimate-unique experience. Here in this article, we will see how to enable face lock on Redmi Note 4 [Face ID] and make your device unique.
If you are a Redmi Note 4 user, then you can unlock your phone with your face! Couldn’t find a way to enable Face Lock or Face ID on your Note 4? Definitely, you will not see until you add & enable it. In order to do the same, you have to go through the upcoming steps.
First of all, we should be thankful to Shubhandu (An android XDA developer) for making this wonderful dream possible by his deep and dedicated work. This ability can be flashed to your device by using TWRP recovery. So your device should be primarily installed with TWRP recovery. let’s see Step by Step.
How to Enable Face Lock on Redmi Note 4
Steps to Flash Face Unlock on Your Redmi Note 4
- Download FaceID_XRN4X_126.96.36.199+.zip From Android File Host.
- After downloading move the file into Internal storage if it is on SD card.
- Turn Off your device
- Press & Hold Home Button & Volume Up Button at the same time to get into TWRP Recovery.
- Click on install
- Find the zip file that you have downloaded, select it and swipe to install.
- Click on Reboot.
That’s simple to flash it… Then you have to set up Face Data from settings. Let’s see how to do that.
How to Enable Face Lock on Redmi Note 4 After Flashing the ZIP File
- Go to settings
- Click on Lock Screen & Password
- Tap on Add face data
- Confirm your identity by applying pattern or fingerprint
- Follow on-screen instructions to scan your face
- When finished, click on done.
- Test it! Lock the device and use your face to unlock it
This Mod is also available for Redmi 4/4X (Santoni). Download the Flashable ZIP from here (FaceID-Santoni_9.2.5.zip) and do exactly as mentioned above to enable Face Unlock feature on your Redmi 4 variants.
In this article, we have seen how to enable face lock on Redmi Note 4! It is not a complicated procedure. Anyone can enable it simply by following the above steps. Unlocking with your face is even more convenient than a fingerprint lock, because fingerprint sensor may become dirty and sometime it won’t give sudden & desired result. If you can unlock your device just by looking into it is definitely a big deal.