Moto G4 Play Nougat Update Download: The Nougat 7.1.1 update has been made available for Moto G4 Play and now you can manually download and update the same on the device. Ever since Moto’s announcement for the Nougat update on Moto G4 Play, people have been waiting to grab the OTA. But the OTA prompt is not yet made available for every user and it takes a while to complete the latest firmware rollout.
Moto G4 Play Nougat update is rolling out as soak test builds; which means Moto sends the update to selected users to try the firmware for bug testing. These users send bug reports to the developers so that they could fix the issues and release the stable firmware quickly.
Nougat update for Moto G4 Play in India has become a trending keyword nowadays after Moto’s official announcement (Moto G4 Play Nougat update India release date) and I’ve been getting numerous messages regarding the same. So let’s see how to manually update Moto G4 Play to Nougat 7.1.1 firmware.
Firmware & Device Info:
Device: Moto G4 Play Code Name: XT1603 Firmware info: HARPIA_MPIS24.241-15.3-16_cid50 Upload Date: Jul 07, 2017 Size: 1GB
Moto G4 Play 7.1.1 Update: Pre-requisites
- Check whether you have received the update via OTA from the System Updates option. If not, proceed further.
- Download and install Moto G4 Play USB drivers on your PC. [Check the below download section]
- Similarly, make sure you have installed necessary ADB & Fastboot drivers. If not, download from below.
- Make a full backup of your phone’s internal memory and calls/message logs. It gets wiped.
- Maintain a decent battery juice on your G4 Play.
Moto G4 Play Nougat Update Download[sociallocker id=71224] Firmware USB Drivers ADB & Fastboot Drivers [/sociallocker]
How to Update Moto G4 Play to Nougat 7.1.1 Official Firmware
- Enable Developer Options on your Moto X Play by tapping the build number (About Phone section) 7 times.
- Now enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options under Developer options for accepting ADB commands.
- Connect Moto G4 Play to the PC in recovery mode. For this, attach the device to the PC and under the ADB folder, open a command window and type the following command:
adb reboot recovery
- Most of the time, the command window would stuck saying “Waiting for device” result. In this scenario, simply re-install the USB drivers on your computer. If that doesn’t fix the issue, install the PDAnet application on both phone and computer and perform the driver setup to install all necessary USB drivers on the system.
- To check whether the device is detected on the computer, enter the following command on the terminal:
- If that returns a serial code, your phone has been detected successfully. If you use mfastboot instead of fastboot, you may need to replace fastboot with mfastboot in all commands.
- Now copy the downloaded Moto G4 Play Nougat 7.1.1 firmware inside the adb folder and sideload it on the device. For this, execute the following command:
adb sideload firmware.zip
- Replace “firmware” with the firmware name (case sensitive).
- After hitting the final command, the device will reboot and eventually complete the Nougat 7.1.1 update on Moto G4 Play.
- You cannot downgrade the device once it’s upgraded to the Nougat firmware unless the bootloader is unlocked.
- The February patch firmware (26.21.8 build) should be installed prior installing this soak test build.
- The root access will be lost upon performing the firmware update.
- The bootloader status doesn’t change, however.
- The data may be wiped and cannot be recovered easily. So I strongly advise you take a full backup.
Now you have successfully updated Moto G4 Play to Nougat 7.1.1 firmware using the official fastboot image. Flashing the official firmware doesn’t void the warranty, but an incorrect execution of the command may brick your device. So proper care should be taken.
If you’re having difficulties while updating Moto G4 Play to Nougat or downloading Moto G4 PlayNougat update in India, let us know via comments.