Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Mi 5S: MIUI 22.214.171.124 MAGCNED global stable ROM can be downloaded for Mi 5S. This stable update is made available for selected users over OTA prompt and if you’re quite excited to get the firmware without waiting more, you can download the latest MIUI MAGCNED global stable ROM for Mi 5S from here and we’ll guide you how to install it on your device.
The previous global stable version for Mi 5S was 8.2. As of now, Xiaomi didn’t release the fastboot version of this build; which means, the firmware can only be installed as recovery ROM. You might have known that recovery ROMs don’t require PC or external mobile suite applications to get installed on a device.
Xiaomi Mi5 was released in October 2016, which sports a 5.15″ FHD display, 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, and a 3200mAh battery. It boasts 12/4 MP shooters and runs on a Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) having Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 chipset. Mi 5S comes with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) version pre-installed.
In this tutorial, I will guide you how to install MIUI 126.96.36.199 global stable firmware on your Mi 5S. You can either directly upgrade from the previous stable version or from previous builds. The procedure is quite similar to the methods which I have described in my older articles.
Manually updating Mi 5S with MIUI 188.8.131.52 global stable ROM doesn’t void warranty or erase data within the device. The update procedure uses the phone’s stock recovery and obviously, this is a recovery ROM. So it should not be confused with the fastboot ROM. I will be updating the post with the fastboot method once I fetch the URL for the same.
How to Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM on Mi 5S
MIUI 220.127.116.11 Recovery ROM Method
- Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Mi 5S (miui_MI5S_V22.214.171.124.MAGCNED_bd76d65057_6.0.zip) from here section and copy it the root of your internal storage.
- Now rename the ROM zip to ‘update.zip’ and open the Updater app on your Mi 5S.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner and select ‘Choose update package’.
- It will open up the explorer. Just select the update.zip file you renamed and let the updater verify the ROM.
- Once the verification is done, you will be asked to reboot to recovery. Proceed with that and the phone will install the ROM package in the recovery.
- Once it completes the installation, the device will reboot to the system automatically. Enjoy the 126.96.36.199 stable update.
Make sure you’ve kept minimum 30% battery juice on your device else the update won’t start. Usually, an MIUI stable ROM update takes around 30 minutes to complete the process.
This guide explained how to download and install MIUI 188.8.131.52 global stable ROM on Mi 5S. If you had any difficulties while downloading or installing the same, let us know via comments.