Download MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 3: MIUI 8.2.1 global stable ROM for Redmi Note 3 has just been pushed out to few users via OTA and here’s how you can download and install the MIUI 8.2.1 ROM on your Redmi Note 3 manually using either recovery or fastboot ROM. I just shared a guide for Redmi 3S Prime to update the device with MIUI 8.2 global stable build and there, I promised to update the same with the popular Redmi Note 3 as well.
MIUI 8.2.1 global stable ROM brings tons of features along with performance improvements. I will be listing the changelogs below taken directly from the MIUI forum. The first few devices to get the MIUI 8.2.1 global stable versions are Mi3, Mi4, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi 1S, Mi Note and Mi Max. Recently, the official support has been given to Redmi Note Prime as well.
Though I have shared the changelogs for MIUI 8.2.1 in my previous post, I’m gonna share the same here in case you missed it. Make sure you unlocked your bootloader prior updating the ROM manually. The below-mentioned methods don’t wipe your internal data. But still, it’s always advised to keep your data safe.
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Update Highlights
– New improved layout for toggles in the Notification shade
– Get full control over automated tasks
– Brand new system sounds and ringtones
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Full Changelog
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
New – Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications (11-18)
New – UI adjustments for toggles(12-15)
New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade (12-15)
Optimization – Lock screen PINlayout (11-15)
Optimization – Changed icons forUSB charging and switching keyboards (12-01)
Optimization – Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode (12-13)
Fix – Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications (10-25)
Fix – Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time (11-07)
Fix – Notification shade issues(11-15)
Fix – Issues with opacity after using third party themes (11-15)
Fix – The first notification couldn’t be removed by a swipe (11-29)
Fix – Landscape mode issues with third party themes (12-06)
New – Home screen settings added to the Settings (11-22)
Fix – Part of UI for deleting apps wasn’t visible on light backgrounds (10-11)
Fix – Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher (11-14)
New – Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play (11-02)
via: Official MIUI forum
How to Install MIUI 8.2.1 Global Stable ROM on Redmi Note 3
MIUI 8.2.1 Recovery ROM
- Download MIUI 8.2.1 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 3 from below download section and copy it the root of your internal storage.
- Now rename the ROM zip to update.zip and open the Updater app on your Note 3.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner and select ‘Choose update package‘.
- It will open up the explorer. Just select the update.zip file you renamed and let the updater verify the ROM.
- Once the verification is done, you will be asked to reboot to recovery. Proceed with that and the phone will install the ROM package in the recovery.
- Once it completes the installation, the device will reboot to the system automatically. Enjoy the 8.2.1 stable update.
MIUI 8.2.1 Fastboot ROM
- Download Mi flash tool from the below download section.
- Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the MI flash tool downloaded in Step 1, and double-click on it to install. After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
- Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
Download MIUI 8.2.1 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 3
I will update the download links once I manually verify the ROM on the device. Please be patient till then.
Download MIUI 8.2.1 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 3 from the above links and do as exactly mentioned in the page. In case you feel any difficulty while downloading and installing MIUI 8.2.1 on Redmi Note 3, let us know via comments. We’re very responsive to comments.