Download MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 3S Prime: MIUI 8.2.1 global stable ROM is one of the biggest updates ever released for Redmi 3S Prime and other Mi devices. The MIUI 8.2 update has begun to rollout from 20th Feb onwards and few users received the same via OTA prompt. This global stable build is most likely to be hit on every device within a week or two. However, if you couldn’t wait more to grab the MIUI 8.2.1 global stable ROM via OTA, here’s how you can update your Redmi 3S Prime to the latest stable ROM manually.
MIUI 8.2.1 global stable ROM brings tons of features along with performance improvements. I will be listing the changelogs below taken directly from the MIUI forum. The first few devices to get the MIUI 8.2.1 global stable versions are Mi3, Mi4, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi 1S, Mi Note and Mi Max. Though the list doesn’t include our beloved Redmi 3S Prime, I’ll be adding an option to download MIUI 8.2.1 global stable ROM for Redmi 3S Prime once I could capture the OTA link.
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Update Highlights
– New improved layout for toggles in the Notification shade
– Get full control over automated tasks
– Brand new system sounds and ringtones
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Full Changelog
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
New – Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications (11-18)
New – UI adjustments for toggles(12-15)
New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade (12-15)
Optimization – Lock screen PINlayout (11-15)
Optimization – Changed icons forUSB charging and switching keyboards (12-01)
Optimization – Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode (12-13)
Fix – Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications (10-25)
Fix – Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time (11-07)
Fix – Notification shade issues(11-15)
Fix – Issues with opacity after using third party themes (11-15)
Fix – The first notification couldn’t be removed by a swipe (11-29)
Fix – Landscape mode issues with third party themes (12-06)
New – Home screen settings added to the Settings (11-22)
Fix – Part of UI for deleting apps wasn’t visible on light backgrounds (10-11)
Fix – Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher (11-14)
New – Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play (11-02)
via: Official MIUI forum
How to Install MIUI 8.2.1 Global Stable ROM on Redmi 3S Prime
- Download MIUI 8.2.1 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 3S Prime from below download section and copy it the root of your internal storage.
- Now rename the ROM zip to update.zip and open the Updater app on your 3S Prime.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner and select ‘Choose update package‘.
- It will open up the explorer. Just select the update.zip file you renamed and let the updater verify the ROM.
- Once the verification is done, you will be asked to reboot to recovery. Proceed with that and the phone will install the ROM package in the recovery.
- Once it completes the installation, the device will reboot to the system automatically. Enjoy the 8.2.1 stable update.
- Download Mi flash tool from the below download section.
- Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the MI flash tool downloaded in Step 1, and double-click on it to install. After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
- Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 3S Prime
Links will be updated after the ROMs are manually verified by me. Please be patient for a while.
Update: I have verified the ROMs on Redmi 3 (ido) and the given links work with the device. I will add the links for Redmi 3S Prime (land) very soon. Keep visiting.
This guide explained how to download and update Redmi 3S Prime to MIUI 8.2.1 global stable ROM. If you find any difficulty while performing above mentioned steps, let’s know via comments.