I’ve been wandering through the MIUI forum and noticed that some of the users got the MIUI 220.127.116.11 global stable ROM update for their Redmi 3S Prime while some still stay at the 18.104.22.168 version. The 22.214.171.124 brings much buttery UI and awesome battery backup when compared to the 126.96.36.199 version. Luckily, I could capture the OTA link and if you’re unable to get the latest update through the updater app, I will help you update your Redmi 3S Prime to the MIUI 188.8.131.52 global stable ROM through this guide.
The latest global beta version (as of now) is 6.12.15 and it includes some exciting features like hotspot management and lots more. If you’ve using the global beta ROM, you can try that for a feature-rich MIUI update. However, if your preference is a stable ROM with a good battery backup, I’d suggest you install the MIUI 184.108.40.206 on your 3S Prime.
How to Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM on Redmi 3S Prime
- Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 3S Prime from
- Now rename the ROM zip to update.zip and open the Updater app on your 3S Prime.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner and select ‘Choose update package‘.
- It will open up the explorer. Just select the update.zip file you renamed and let the updater verify the ROM.
- Once the verification is done, you will be asked to reboot to recovery. Proceed with that and the phone will install the ROM package in the recovery.
- Once it completes the installation, the device will reboot to the system automatically. Enjoy the 22.214.171.124 stable update.
Few Things to Remember
- This is not a fastboot package. So it does not work with the MiFlash tool.
- The method works on both rooted and un-rooted phone.
- This update can be installed over both global beta and global stable builds without any issues (personally tried).
- No data will be wiped during the installation. All your files and app data will be kept intact.
- The root will not be lost if your device was rooted before updating to this version.
I hope you MIUIers enjoyed this article on how to manually update your Redmi 3S Prime to 126.96.36.199 Global Stable version with the recovery ROM. If you had trouble installing the MIUI 188.8.131.52 global stable build on your 3S Prime, let me know via comments.