Xperia L users can now avail unofficial CyanogenMod 11 (android 4.4.2) through FXP318 build onwards. FreeXperiaProject has recently included Xperia M (Nicki) and after lots of user requests, they have been pleased to extend their support to one of the finest phones from the Sony Xperia family. The CM11 releases for Xperia L will be available under the code name Taoshan.
FreeXperiaProject is a well known developer group for providing unofficial CyanogenMod builds to Xperia phones. They release most stable builds every week and you just have to choose your phone from the list and download. Most of the development works for Xperia L has been done by xda senior developer Varun Chitre and the community gives all credits to him.
As they are just added Taoshan to the supported list, it might have some bugs which will be definitely fixed in the upcoming builds. The current state of this release is beta-2 , which if followed by the initial build. Xperia L is powered with Qualcomm Krait 200 Family (2nd Gen) and features Qualcomm MSM8x30 SoC chipset. This has dual-core Krait 200 CPUs clocked at 1.0GHz and Adreno 305 GPU, with that you also get 1GB Ram, 8GB storage, a 4.3 inch 854×480 screen, and an 8MPx camera.
How to Install CM11 FXP Builds in Xperia L
- Your Xperia L must be rooted, bootloader unlocked and proper custom recovery installed.
- You will lose the warranty by doing above mentioned processes.
- CWM or such custom recovery is essential to flash the CM11 ROM. Check whether you have got one.
- Backup all your important data, files and other stuffs as the installation may wipe your personal data forever.
Flash CM11 on Xperia L
- Download latest version of FXP (starting fro m318 build) under the code name Taoshan from here.
- Copy the downloaded ROM to your SD card and reboot into recovery.
- Wipe data and Cache.
- Now choose install zip from sd card from the options and flash the CM11 that you have copied to your SD card.
- Now flash the gapps if you want to access Google Play services.
- After flashing, reboot system.
The installation is simple and fast. You do only need a Xperia L with unlocked boot loader with root and CWM recovery installed. The current FXP318 build has a minor bug on GPS as per their log and it will be fixed in the future builds.