This article will help you to know the basic steps to backup your Hotmail account email data files with all the attachments and archives on the selected location of your computer.
Numerous searchers are facing different issues while backing up the Hotmail files. However, Hotmail is the most popular and demanded email client due to its advanced features and simple interface. This first web-based email service of Microsoft is also called Outlook.com which provides webmail, calendar, event, contacts in one place.
Before moving to the tricks of backup Hotmail email folders to the computer. First, let’s start with the benefits of backup the folder files.
You will find here that all the benefits of file backup are helping to make steps easy and need to save data files. Let’s move to the benefits.
- Due to less storage provided by the email clients.
- For offline use of data files.
- Prevent emails from any cybercrime.
- Can be used in different file formats according to need.
We have discussed many benefits of backup the email files that show the need for backup and help to prevent the files. Let’s move to the tricks.
Here, we will cover all easy and possible methods to backup the email data files on the hard drive. All the given methods are free for windows.
It is the first step to backup the email data files and doesn’t skip the given steps while implementing.
Step 1. Log in to your Hotmail.com account with your account credentials.
Step 2. Now, click on the setting icon to choose “View all Outlook settings”.
Step 3. Now, choose the Privacy and data option from the General tab option.
Step 4. Click on the “Export Mailbox” button to export the email files.
Step 5. Now, check your started backup process, and it will take a longer time.
Step 6. After the process completes, you will receive a link to back up the emails from Microsoft.
It is another method to backup the Hotmail files by using Mozilla Thunderbird. Its steps are easy to implement.
Step 1:- Open an email Thunderbird account and add your credentials to your account.
Step 2:- Then, open Backup4all and select file >new backup.
Step 3:- Enter the name of the new backup file/folder you want.
Step 4:- Then browse the location for the backup and click Next.
Step 5:- Choose Mozilla Thunderbird to select files and folders.
Step 6:- Then, select the backup type and click to default it.
Step 7:- Click on the start button to backup the files.
This method can be used by non-technical people because it’s easy. But it requires more storage for data files on your computer and is not helpful for those who want to download messages with attachments.
Step 1:- First, fill up your credentials to your Hotmail account.
Step 2:- After that, open that particular File for which you have to backup.
Step 3:- Now, go to the Message header area to click the Down arrow icon.
Step 4:- Select the View message source option to appear Source code.
Step 5:- In the last, tab the Ctrl+A key to select all messages source code.
Step 6:- Then, press Ctrl+C to copy the message and save it in EML format.
Step 7:- Again open the File tab Then, click on the Save as in the source tab.
Step 8:- After that, give a name to save the file with the .eml extension, click on the Continue button.
Step 9:- At last, select the path/location where you want to save your new backup files.
Here, we have discussed all the possible and easy method tricks to backup the Hotmail emails. But if you are facing the below-given limitations of the above free methods. Then, you can opt for another solution that will resolve all the limitations and have advanced features to increase your efficiency. Let’s move to limitations and solutions to resolve them.
- These are time-consuming processes.
- Data can be lost while implementing the steps.
- You cannot directly save your Hotmail email in PDF file format.
- It requires a technical person who has some technical knowledge.
- You can only backup Hotmail in the EML format.
- Not have advanced features to increase the efficiency.
The Mail converter Hotmail Email Backup software helps to resolve all the issues of the manual method faced while implementing them. By using this you can save all Emails from your Hotmail Account into PCs or Hard Drives in different file formats such as PST, EML, EMLX, PDF, etc. You can import Hotmail emails to Office 365, Yahoo, Hotmail, Thunderbird, and other email clients without losing an email. Moreover, It provides a free demo version of 50 Gmail Emails to evaluate its interface and speed of migration.
Let’s move to the steps to set up this software.
- Download and Install the Hotmail backup software from mailconvertertools.com.
- Log in to your Hotmail account with Hotmail credentials.
- Choose the folder from the given list that you want to backup, click on Next.
- Then, Opt for different features according to your need to save the email folder.
- After selecting the optional features, click on Next to complete the process.
- Now, the Migration and Backup of Hotmail files have been completed.
After completing all the steps of migration/Backup, you can also have an option to download the report of new files.
- All advanced features of the Mailconverter Softwares.
- As per requirement, Network Bandwidth can be restricted.
- Available for both Mac and Windows Operating System.
- Embedded with Self-Instructive and Easy-to-use Graphical User Interface.
In this article, we have discussed how we can backup the Hotmail email files into different file formats or how we can convert the Hotmail account into another email client with the help of professional software. Here, also you have read the advantages of backup and all the limitations faced by users when performing the manual steps. At last, you have covered a professional method that helps to resolve all limitations with its advanced features. I hope you find this article helpful.