Playing a mobile game might be challenging when the touch screen freezes. Needless to say, the bigger the phone, the bulkier it will be. Thus, holding the device for a long time while playing online games becomes difficult. However, you can resolve these problems by connecting a controller to the phone.
Do you play Call of Duty or Apex Legends on your smartphone? Consider using a mobile controller to enhance the gaming experience. You can even carry this gaming device anywhere while traveling. Besides, you can connect these controllers with every phone, regardless of size.
Now, let’s get to know about the highest-selling gaming controllers of this year:
There are several cost-effective gaming controllers available for mobile users. However, certain factors need to be determined to get the right one. You must check the controller’s portability and accessibility before buying it. Besides, it should be compatible with Android phones or iPhones.
Smart Data Recovery recommends using a controller that supports cloud gaming. It should have easy-to-control programmable buttons. Additionally, you must check whether the controller runs on battery or is self-powered by the smartphone. Verify if the controller supports the mobile games you play.
Here are the top 7 controllers that you should buy in 2022:
This Razer Kishi gaming controller is compatible with Android and iOS devices. It provides a smooth gameplay experience to the users. Using this gaming device, you can play AAA games like Minecraft or GTA 5.
There is no Bluetooth connectivity option in Razer Kishi V2. Users must connect the controller to the phone’s charging port while playing games. You will not get lagging issues on the high FPS games when the phone is connected to the controller.
Here are more exclusive features of the latest Razer Kishi V2:
- It has a microswitch and programmable buttons
- This gaming controller features an extendable bridge to hold the phones
- It allows Android users to stream the PC and console games
- Kishi V2 can eliminate the input latency
- This mobile gaming controller is slim enough to fit into a pocket
- Users can record and share their gameplay with Kishi V2
You can convert the smartphone into a gaming console with Backbone One. There is no need to charge this plug-and-play device. It relies on the iPhone or Android phone’s power to run the games. Besides, users don’t need to undergo a tedious setup to use this gaming controller.
Backbone One features a “Remote Play” option to access the Xbox and PlayStation games. A headphone jack is also present in this gaming controller. You get everything, from a “Share” button to thumbsticks in this device. Moreover, there is a “Backbone” button that allows the users to access its dedicated app.
Here are the Android phones which are compatible with BackBone One:
- Google Pixel 6 Series
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Series
- Google Pixel 5 Series
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Google Pixel 2 Series
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+
GameSir X2’s design is similar to the Nintendo Switch controller. It is the best option for on-the-go gaming and is compatible with Android and iOS devices. This mobile gaming controller has two joysticks and a responsive D-Pad. Besides, this gaming device features a “Screenshot” button for easy sharing.
GameSir X2 can last up to 20 hours on a single charge. Thus, you don’t have to power up the device frequently while playing your favourite games. This gaming controller has an adjustable Type-C plug for super-fast charging.
Now, let’s see which features made GameSir X2 one of the best controllers:
- Its microswitch buttons are easy to control and help to improve gameplay.
- This gaming controller allows you to connect mobile with a maximum length of 167mm.
- Prevent the phone from overheating with its air-cooling design.
- This gaming device is powered by the phone through the Type-C port.
Do you want to stream online mobile games? This gaming controller will be a valuable addition to the game setup. 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro’s design is similar to Xbox and Super Nintendo controllers. However, this controller has an analogue stick which the Xbox or Nintendo switch lacks.
You can keep the phone secure and steady by placing it in this controller’s built-in holder. Moreover, 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro is compatible with the latest Android smartphones. However, you can’t connect this gaming device to iPhones.
Check out the following features to know more about 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro:
- This gaming controller can last up to 16 hours on a single charge.
- Its D-pad is easy to control and provides better accessibility to the games.
- This SNES controller provides the ultimate software support.
- It allows the users to connect the phone and 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro via Bluetooth.
- This retro-style controller lets you play console games.
Xbox Cloud gamers should invest in this PowerA MOGA controller. You can connect this device to the smartphone via Bluetooth. Moreover, Android users can pair this gaming controller with a mobile using a USB cable.
Use PowerA MOGA XP7-X’s “Handheld” mode to improve your gaming skill. Switch to “Tabletop” mode when using the device stand for game streaming. Besides, with its “Boost” mode, you can wirelessly charge the phone while playing. Xbox licenses this controller for reliability and better performance.
Here are the advanced features of PowerA MOGA XP7-X:
- Smartphones up to 7.13-inches can fit into this gaming controller
- There is no need to install any additional app when using this device
- It features easy-to-use gaming buttons to access online games
- Improve the reaction time with its two mappable buttons
- This mobile gaming controller has a premium and classic design
Are you looking for a mobile gaming controller for the iPhone 13? Go with this RiotPWR controller. It is easy to use and is compatible with every iOS device. This gaming device will be ideal for those who have used Xbox controllers.
iPhone users can play without input latency using RiotPWR ESL. However, it doesn’t contain any battery but has a 3.5mm headphone jack. Besides, there is no need to charge this mobile gaming controller. You can play games on the iPhone without having to remap controls when using the device.
Are you wondering why you should buy RiotPWR ESL? You must check out these exclusive features of this controller:
- Once you set up the controller, it automatically directs you to the “Ludu Mapp” mobile app.
- It supports almost all the latest AAA mobile games.
- This controller allows you to hide on-screen touch controls.
- It features a detachable phone mount.
You must have heard about SteelSeries Stratus+, right? It’s an upgraded version of the Stratus Duo model, which thousands of gamers use. SteelSeries Stratus+ is a budget-friendly option for Android users who stream online games.
SteelSeries Stratus has a familiar layout, like Xbox controllers. Its magnetic sensor ensures precision and consistency during gameplay. Moreover, there is a slim mount to connect the smartphones safely.
Here are the high-end features of SteelSeries Stratus+:
- This gaming controller can be connected to phones via Bluetooth.
- There is 2.4 GHz wireless support for Android devices.
- It offers an average 90-hour battery life.
- You can use this gaming device for 12 hours with a 15-minute charge.
You can buy Razer Raiju if you need a gaming controller for your Android phone. It has a built-in dock which can be adjusted easily. This controller also has a dedicated mobile app that lets you remap buttons.
Additionally, Android users can go for Nacon MG-X Pro. It has a Bluetooth connection and offers 20-hour battery life. You can securely mount the phone with this advanced gaming controller. So, check the mobile controller’s features and price and decide.