CloudBerry Cloud Backup automates the backup to the cloud storage. It supports over 50 cloud backup providers, which includes Glacier, Amazon S3, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure. Solution compresses & encrypts data before leaving the user’s desktop or laptop computer, and safely transfers this to cloud on schedule and in real time.
Overview of CloudBerry Cloud Backup
CloudBerry Backup is the leading cross platform backup & disaster recovery solution. It is integrated with the major public cloud services. Vendor says that Windows CloudBerry Backup generally comes with the powerful, simple-to-use backup as well as disaster recovery capabilities, which includes image-based and file-level backups, the disaster recovery to the virtual machines in cloud, military-grade encryption and data compression using the customer controlled keys.
Main screen of the CloudBerry shows that the backup plans, history, upcoming backups, as well as storage accounts (or backup destinations).
CloudBerry has many features:
- Gives incremental, de-duplicated backups. It means just changed data gets backed up, and saving the backup time and the storage space.
- Backs up to the wide range of the backup locations, which includes NAS, local disk, Amazon Glacier, Amazon S3, Azure, Google, etc.
- Gives compression & backup encryption.
- Offers many backup modes – The advanced (block based & deduplicated), easy (copies files and does not do versions), archive (or merges all the backup files in single file), and custom
- Allows you to configure if deleted files get removed from the storage, which includes how long after the deletion it is done. Warns you when it will happen.
- Allows you keep the multiple backups versions.
- Available on the Windows, Linux & Mac OS-X.
- Gives scheduled and manual backups.
- Software is accessible free to run the restores.
- There is the extensive documentation online and blog posts, which explain anything you want to, know.
- Support is helpful and fast.
- Command line version for this program is accessible for the advanced users.
Different Forms of CloudBerry Backup
There’re many versions of CloudBerry Backup software and it includes: Desktop Pro, Desktop Free, MS SQL, Server, Ultimate and MS Exchange. This software is accessible for the Windows 7 or higher, macOS, Windows Server, as well as Linux. This application looks very much like the web page – however with the ribbon toolbar like ones in the Microsoft Office over the top. There’re the tabs across top of its main window to choose from Backup Plans, Welcome, Backup Storage, Restore Plans, and History. It is very important to note that CloudBerry repeatedly is NOT the cloud storage provider so the storage is totally separate from CloudBerry Backup software.
This Backup Plans software generally comes with a few pre-defined plans such as backing up the internet bookmarks, backing documents, as well as pictures. In ribbon bar menu on the top, although, you may choose Local and Cloud, Cloud and Cloud, or Cloud and Local to begin this process of creating own custom backup program. You may backup to the local or NAS, to cloud, or both of them. You also can select to backup the data to NAS and to cloud—and creating the redundant local and the offsite copies of backup data in a process.
Simple to Use
The CloudBerry Backup is very simple to use. Need to provision the backup storage quite separately from backup tool will confuse a lot of people. To set up IAM and Amazon S3 users will baffle anybody who is not the experienced and expert computer user. Putting apart setting backup storage destinations, program can be used by anybody who considers “good with computers”. Excellent documentation highly increases the ease of use.
All you need to do is just enter your access credentials to get CloudBerry connected to your cloud. As you can see below, this is how the access window will look like:
Step by Step CloudBerry Backup Plan:
1). Click “Next” to proceed to the next window for choosing your cloud storage provider.
2). Choose your cloud storage. In our case, here we are choosing “Amazon S3” and proceeding further.
3). Give proper backup plan name for further tracking and management.
4). Choose your backup mode as per your requirement. There are totally four modes available as shown in the below window.
5). Choose the drive you want to backup.
6). Make use of the advanced filter settings to customize further.
7). If you are backing up important files then use encryption option for your security.
8). You can even specify the retention details. This is available only to the advanced mode users.
9). Schedule your backup routine as per your needs.
10). You can even setup email notification to get the updates of the backup.
11). Voila! That’s it… You are done with your backup plan with CloudBerry application in very easy simple steps.
- Backup & restore wizards make the setups simple
- Back up to cloud storage provider, and local storage
- Encrypted backups
- Custom file versioning setup
- Block-level backups (deduplication)
- Will compress the backups
- Disk imaging available only for the Windows Server
This product comes with a 15 day trial period during which you can use it and see whether it fits your requirements. You need pay a onetime fee of $49.99 only and the license is for only one computer.
If you are planning to buy in bulk for your Business, then the cost is little different which is discounted as shown in the below picture:
CloudBerry offers one of the best services to the users with the current cloud membership and even to the users who are getting started with their backup systems online, to a point where it is really tough to find any fault with their services.