Android 4.3 for Galaxy Ace S5830 has now made possible through CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM. Though galaxy ace S5830 does not bear official Android 4.3 update, you can still enjoy the mesmerizing features of the new update by flashing latest CyanogenMod 10.2 version, which is developed by a senior xda member. The video of galaxy ace running on Android 4.3 has been released in YouTube some weeks ago and you can watch the video for additional info.
Samsung galaxy ace S5830 is a new entry level smartphone from galaxy series which did make a buzz in the Android market. As far as newly released smartphones are concerned, this device has been outdated and no longer receive any OTA update from the authority. Here comes our CyanogenMod and with their base ROM, we can taste the Android 4.3 jellybean (or the KitKat, who knows) even in the basic phones like galaxy mini (my all time favorite), fit, ace etc.
So in this tutorial, we will be guiding you to flash the latest CyanogenMod 10.2 to get Android 4.3 version on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. Of course, this is a WIP release and we can’t ensure that it’s fully stable. But future updates will be there to solve the bugs. But users like me, it’s not at all a big deal as it won’t ever get official 4.3 update for galaxy ace S5830.
Get Android 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 via CyanogenMod 10.2
Before proceeding to the tutorial, make sure that you have rooted your galaxy ace S5830 and installed a custom recovery (CWM preferred ). Also double check that your phone matches the version number of this galaxy ace variant, ie. S5830. Your phone will be bricked on the other hand.
Pre-Requisites and Disclaimer
1. (Optional). Make sure that you have installed necessary Samsung drivers in your computer. If not, download the drivers from here and install.
2. Charge your battery at least 60% and enable USB debugging as follows Settings>Applications>
Development> Android Debugging.
3. Make a backup of all important
files including files in the phone
storage, contacts, call logs etc.
You can also use Google account
to save the same.
4. TechBii will not be held responsible for any damage that
might cause your device after this
process. Also, we are not the
inventors of this guide and all the
tools and apps provided here are
subjected to copyright and belongs to the owner. However, we will try our best to help you in case of further effects.
Files to Download
1. Download unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 for Galaxy Ace – Android 4.3 [Link]
2. Download gapps for CM 10.2 [link]
Procedure to Flash CM 10.2 on Galaxy Ace Running on Android 4.3
1. Transfer the downloaded files to your phone’s SD card via USB cable and don’t extract it at any condition.
2. Now disconnect the phone from computer and reboot into recovery mode by pressing home button and power button simultaneously followed by switching off the phone.
3. After entering to recovery, make a compulsory NANDROID backup and then wipe cache, partition and dalvik.
4. Now choose Install ZIP from SD card and then Choose ZIP from SD card. Then load the ROM file and flash it.
5. Now flash the gapps on the same manner following by wiping all cache.
6. Finally, reboot the system from recovery options and let it reboot.
You have now successfuly flashed your galaxy ace with latest Android 4.3 with CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM. The first boot may take up to 5 minutes.
This CyanogenMod 10.2 featuring Android 4.3 for galaxy Ace has got some cool features such as new custom logo, focal camera, customizable notification bar, widgets etc. Have a try and let us know if you’re having any difficulty on installing Android 4.3 CM 10.2 ROM in your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.
Posted from WordPress for Android